Monster

It didn't take Hoseok that long to figure out that his monster was a very loud monster.

His monster would always be making some kind of grumbling sound for no reason, little Hoseok could always feel the vibration through his mattress.

Hoseok was truly terrified of his monster, that he even begged his parents to let him sleep on the couch, not wanting to set a foot into the dark room.

One time his dog, Mickey, came into his room in the dark, it was about 9PM. Mickey would stay by the door and growl at something under Hoseok's bed, the monster of course.

The monster would sometimes grumble back and Hoseok would just whisper to Mickey to either stop or come to him.

Mickey whimpered when the monster wrapped his tentacles around his tiny puppy body and pulled him under the bed.

"Mickey! Mickey!" Hoseok whispers-screamed, he could still hear his little Mickey crying and whimpering from under the bed, that was until he couldn't.

Little Hoseok cried, thinking that his monster under his bed actually killed his puppy. He cried for hours while he was supposed to be asleep until he heard a creaking and slithering sound.

When Hoseok looked up from his Nemo plushie, he saw a midnight black tentacle come from under his bed, wrapped around Mickey who only shook from fear.

To Hoseok's surprise, the monster actually gently sat Mickey down on the bed with a low grumble that made the mattress vibrate, giving Hoseok goosebumps.

Mickey stayed shaking by Hoseok's side the whole night, both of them waiting til morning to arrive so they would be safe again.

That was about a few nights ago, Mickey stayed away from Hoseok's room at night as much as possible since then.

Right now, both of them were cuddling on the couch after Hoseok convinced his parents with his pouty face that he knew they couldn't say 'no' to.

Hoseok pulled Mickey close each time they heard a loud grumble come from his room.

His monster was awfully loud tonight. Each time he grumbled, Hoseok could swear he felt the vibrations from his placement on the couch.

The thumping from his tentacles got louder and louder each time while they made a mess in his room. Almost like his monster was mad that he wasn't there.

The next morning when Hoseok went into his room, his toys were scattered everywhere, his closet door opened, and his sheets and covers spread out on the floor, almost as if his monster was trying to find him.