xxvi. MOTH TO A FLAME !

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••a few years later...••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

"VINÍCIUS JOSÉ PAIXÃO DE OLIVEIRA JÚNIOR, you are unbelievable!" Serafina exclaims as she stomps into the living room. She couldn't believe what she was seeing and what he was doing.

Vinicius quickly stands up from his place on the floor. "Coração, I can explain." He quickly says. His face expressed both fear and entertainment.

"Explain what, Vinicius? I asked you to do one thing!" She huffs in frustration as she heads to the middle of the living room. She looks down and her twin daughters stare up at her with wide eyes. A mini football sat in between the two.

She picks up the eldest, Célia from the ground. She looks at the almost one year old who was dressed in a Real Madrid kit. Her curls weren't styled with the white lace bows yet. "I asked you to do their hair and get them ready for their baptism while I make sure everything was ready for the party. I didn't ask you to dress them up in a jersey and play football with them!"

"Look at them! They're amazing, just like their papai!" Vinicius tries to defend himself as he grabs the other twin, Carolina, and sits her up. "Look!" He says as the baby immediately crawled to the ball.

"She's destined to be an amazing player like me."

Serafina glares at him as she grabs Carolina, holding the twins in her arms. "Get changed and I'll do their hair. We can change them into their dresses at the church." She sighs, watching walk over to her.

He cups her cheeks before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. "You look absolutely gorgeous, coração." He whispers against her lips. The long peach floral dress he bought her looked absolutely stunning on her. She looked beautiful, even if she was scolding him.

She smiles at him as he slowly pulls away. "I'm still annoyed by you." She responds before turning around and heading to the bedroom of the twins.

"Love you too!" Vinicius calls out, watching Serafina leave. He laughs quietly to himself as he fiddles with the gold wedding band adorning his ring finger. He could faintly hear her speaking to their twins while passing the twins room and he felt his heart swell with joy.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

VINICIUS AND SERAFINA couldn't have asked for a better first birthday and baptism celebration for Carolina and Célia. The ceremony at the cathedral was one that neither would forget.

Luzia was the godmother for the twins. The couple had always considered her as one of their closest friend, so the option was clear when deciding who was going to be their godmother. When she was told, she bursted out into tears. She even cried during the baptism ceremony.

Their first birthday party went smoothly. The twins seemed to be having the time of their lives in their pink dresses and matching crowns. Her parents and siblings along with Vinicius's were there. His teammates and her closest friends all came to Madrid to celebrate their daughters.

Serafina felt relaxed by the time it was night. Everyone had left and she was cleaning up the last stuff as her husband put the twins down to sleep. She was putting away the gifts when she felt a presence behind her followed by the feeling of hands on her waist.

"Meu coração." Vinicius quietly says as she turns around to face him. She raises her eyebrow at him when she notices he held one hand behind him.

"What do you have now, Vini?" She asks with a chuckle.

"Need to find a place to put this." He replies with a smile as he shows her a picture frame. In the frame, was a family picture that they had taken a week prior. She wasn't able to see any of the pictures until that moment.

"You finally got the pictures?" Serafina excitedly asks as her eyes scan over the frame. Célia and Carolina were laughing at their parents who had equally joyous smiles.

"They're gorgeous, just like their mamãe." Vinicius says, glancing over at her. Her lips curled into a wide smile as she looks up at him.

"But they have their papai's smile. They'll have your futebol skills too."

He lets out a chuckle at her response. He looks up and sees the shelf filled with all of his medals, awards, and pictures of his team winning trophies. There happened to be an empty spot right in the middle.

He takes the frame and walks over to the shelf, placing the picture frame right in the center.

Serafina raises her eyebrow at him. She walks over to him and asks, "This shelf is filled with medals and stuff, you're gonna put it here?"

"You, Célia and Carolina are worth more than any medal, award, or trophy I've ever won. You are the most important thing in my life." Vinicius whispers, keeping his eyes locked on the picture of his family.

She felt her heart melt at his words which started to make her feel emotional. "You're the best thing that happened to me. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming." She says with a chuckle.

He lets out a laugh as he wraps his arms around her, pulling her close. "Looks like I got the girl in the end."

"Looks like we both won in the end, no?"

Vinicius hums in agreement, keeping a tight grip on her. He couldn't have felt happier having Serafina in his arms. He always cherished every little moment with her and their twins.

To him, they were worth more than anything.

They were worth more than any Champions League he helped win for Real Madrid. They were worth more than the World Cup for Brazil. They were worth more than any golden ball, ballon d'or, and any other trophy.

The days were he spent his time longing for Serafina were finally over.

He no longer had to internally struggle with his crush on her while she was in a relationship.

Vinicius no longer had to chase after her.

After all, Serafina was the one who started to go after him.

Even after denying her feelings for him and being in a relationship, she ended up being the one who wanted him as much as he wanted her.

Vinicius pulled Serafina in, just like a moth to a flame.

bi speaks ! ☆彡
SORRY FOR THE LATE N
SHORT LAST CHAPTER💔

idk if there r typos tho oops

my bday was tuesday and i
was... upset with the loss🤗🤗

but anyways, this has been one of my
favorite fics i've ever written<3 i love
vini sm he definitely needs more love!

and i appreciate all of u for voting,
commenting, and reading 💕 i didn't
expect to get so many ppl reading this!
i luv all of u🫶🫶

and now,

moth to a flame is officially finished.