THE GRAND BALL (leo x reader)

A/N
I'm so sorry I've procrastinated so much on this *sadly writes*

N/n nickname
F/c favorite color
B/w black or white
2/c second favorite color

Y/NS pov

"And Y/N wins!" I hear from the commentary booth.

I had just gotten done with my last fight in the battle nexus for the day and gawd damn my bones ached so bad from those fights, but at least some of them were formidable foes. Of course, it did help that Big Mama allowed me a chancla because of my "small size". I'm only (your height)! But most of the people I fought were like, at least seven foot something.

I'm lost in thought, but in my peripheral vision i see Gus poking his head out from behind the corner.

"Y/n?" He says in his goofy ahh voice. I swear it takes a chunk of my soul not to laugh every time he speaks.

"Yes, what is it Gus?" I questioned.

"Big mama wants to see you."

Welp shit.

If she's calling me I'm either going to be dead or rich.

I nonchalantly walk down the hallway to the elevator, and switch the signs to go to her office. I'm standing in this elevator, contemplating if I'm going to survive this meeting. The last guy who went to big mamas office because she wanted to see him was Jeff. And let's just say that Jeff is no longer with us.

'Ding' I hear the noise as the elevator doors slide open. I gulp. This is going to seal my fate. Quick what do i want on my headstone!

"Y/n?" She says in a solemn tone.

"Y-yes big mama?" I say hesitantly.

"Congrand announcement! I'm hosting a ball! A 'dance' if you want to call it that. And you are the star of the show my dear!"

"Wait what?"

"Did you not hear me? I'm hosting a old fashioned ball! And your the guest of honor!"

I just exhaled forty minutes worth of stress out I'm mouth in one breath.

"That's wonderful to hear big mama!"

"It's next week, and I apologize to tell you on such short notice, but Jeff was supposed to be the guest of honor, and you know what happened to him. Anyway, ignore that tiddlywinkle, and look at your wardrobe!" She clapped twice, and a couple of her goons brought out four racks of clothes, suits, jackets, and dresses alike.

"Now what would you like to wear for the event, and do take your time dear N/N!"

Now it may have taken you six hours to find a perfect outfit, but you did!

You decided on a f/c skirt, a light F/c blouse, a b/w suit vest, a b/w tie, and a 2/c suit jacket.
It looked really, really, really, good on you.

"Oh scrumptious!" Big mama exclaimed, clearly amused.

Time skip because I'm awkward

Y/NS pov
It was the night of the grand ball, and i was so nervous! What if I meet someone annoying! Or worse, someone cute!

I slipped on my outfit quickly, and escape into a corner of the party. It's loud, but in my corner, all is quiet. It's nice.

I survey the dance floor, looking for someone or something interesting. My eyes land on a 5'5 man dancing with some bland girl. He's dressed in a w/b suit with blue cuffs, an blue tie, and blue sneakers for some reason. I mean, if he was going to commit he could've at least finished his outfit. He had a blue masquerade mask over his eyes. He seemed to be talking to the girl he was dancing with, and a part of me wished i was that girl, dressed in orange.

As a stared at this odd yokai man, he looked over at me. I was embarrassed. I had been staring at him for a good ten minutes! He winked at me. I was just a bit flustered, having never really 'liked' someone before. Oh look he's coming this way. HE'S COMING THIS WAY?!

I nervously leaned against the wall, attempting to look cool, but ended up- SLAM! falling on the ground.

"Aw ow!" I groaned in protest.

"Need a hand?"

I looked up to see the green yokai holding out his hand to me.

"Uh, yeah, thanks." I say to him.

"Don't sweat it Querida."

Uhuhuuhuh what? What was that?! Ok maybe I heard him wrong!

He pulls me up, and into his chest.

"Hello beautiful~," He says in a flirting manner. "What might someone like you be doing at this tiresome party?

"Not much, what about you?"

LEOS POV

Who was this person?! And why were they so cute? They had no rights being so pretty!

"Hello beautiful~, What might someone like you be doing at this tiresome party?" I ask in a flirting tone.

"Not much, what about you?" Oh, they seemed unfazed. Good gods I was afraid of what they might be thinking about me right this second.

"Just here to admire the view~" there it is! They were blushing. Hehehehehhehehe! They don't know what's coming their way.

"Could you help me with something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"I think there's something wrong with my eyes."

"And what might that be?"

"I can't take them off of you~"

Y/NS POV

Omfgs he's so cute! Corny as shit, but cute.

"Care for a dance?"

"Yes, that would be nice."

He pulls me onto the dance floor, which is weirdly like that one in Enola Holmes two but anyway! We start dancing, gracefully gliding across the floor, for about thirty minutes, until he pulled me away from the crowd, onto a balcony.

It was night by that time, and looking out on the hidden city was absolutely magical. Especially with him.

He smiles widely and leans against the wall in front of me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"So what do you think about me? Do you find me attractive?" His voice was teasing but it also sounded sincere

I honestly don't know what to say. I'm just standing there.

"Uh-yeah.."

"Oh mi gosh! Are you blushing?! He laughs You're blushing!" He laughed "I'm glad you find me attractive or else I'd be worried that you didn't want to dance with me from the start.

I blush and look away

"Come on, look at me!" he stares directly into my eyes as if trying to hypnotize me

GIRL/MAN/PARTY PERSON IM BLUSHING LIKE A FUCKING BEET

His grin widens "See? You've already fallen for me." he grabs my chin gently and brings my face back up to meet his gaze. he chuckles and strokes your cheek softly "It seems you have quite an attraction for me... What would you say if I asked you out?" he says with a smirk on his lips

"probably yes."

Good answer~ he kisses you deeply on the mouth, wrapping his arm around your waist and pulling you closer and I pull even further into the kiss.

Mmmh~ he wraps his other hand around your neck and pulls you even closer
im just savoring the moment tbh.

He pulls away and walks to the very edge of the balcony.

"See you around Mi Querida"

He winks at me and jumps.

A/N
HES NOT DEAD! TRUST ME! Also sorry for the least action possible but this has been on my to-do list for two fucking months so I just needed to get it done.

1259 words