Chapter 5- Blood

sorry we haven't written in like a year but we're back. The writing will be hopefully much better this time around. check out some of our other stories as well :)

Lexi's POV

i woke up. Jack died yesterday and i had just realized what actually happened. I couldn't deal with death in the past and now its all around me.

After getting up and rubbing my eyes, i noticed my brothers were gone.

I peaked through the blocked off windows of the motel, neither of them were out there. Then i noticed, all of the things they had were gone.

i trusted my brothers, they were brave and smart but i couldn't help but worry.

a week passed and there was still no sign of my brothers. I came to the conclusion that they died. I didn't cry. I just felt empty. I knew feeling sad wouldn't help anyone. Its been just over a month since we got here and I've learned a lot from val. Now it was just Gwen, Val and I. The girls. We often went looking for survivors but we didn't want to stray too far. Seems like years ago that i actually bathed. My school uniform was covered in actual blood, sweat and tears.

one cold day, it started to snow. We went out and passed by where Jack died. Very little remained but his once very attractive face. We chose to walk a bit further today, than usual.

I had tried to remain emotionless as much as possible, but when i saw it, i couldn't hold it in.

laying there, dried blood against the snow covered asphalt were 2 bodies. A woman and a man. Bugs encircled their heads. Heather and Tom. AKA mom and dad.

I felt my heart skip a few beats. The day i dreaded came without warning. My knees weakened. In that spot, feet away from the bodies, i collapsed. To see my once beloved parents dead in the dirt like savages. Torn apart. My face felt flooded and overwhelmed. Gwen turned away and bit her nails. I felt Val's hand on my shoulder. I made the ugliest noises ever heard as i wept. The feeling wouldn't fade for what seemed to be ages. Finally, Val put gloves on and moved their bodies aside. I picked a still living flower and placed it on their bodies. Winter was coming. A tear streamed down my face and landed on them.

Too early. I calmed myself and slowly wiped tears from my eyes. The rest of the walk was silent besides my gasp for air now and then. I figured they were dead but i never wanted to know for sure.

We saw a zombie, alone. I felt burning hot rage. I took val's gun and shot it straight between the eyes. No mercy. my first kill.

i was no longer Lexi, back there a part of me died. A part, i thought i would never retrieve again.