Chapter 2 - The New Companions

Valerie's POV:

I pulled the bag onto my left shoulder, and grabbed another bag and lifted it up to my right shoulder.

I held both bags tightly and said " Lexi, we need to use a car, do you have a car in the garage?"

She replied " Yeah, my mom's van is parked in front of the house." she grabbed the keys and ran out to unlock the van, she pulled the truck open and let me drop the bags in.

I grabbed the keys and jumped into the car, Lexi sat beside me.

In a matter of seconds, we were already driving off...

Lexi asked " Where are we going anyway?"

I replied with a sigh " My ex-husbands house, he's got weapons we could use."

She looked out the window " So, are we there yet?"

I chuckled " Not even close."

Lexi frowned and looked out the window.

I kept driving, passing many empty houses.

She fell asleep about half way during the drive.

Lexi's POV

I awoke just as I heard a clicking sound.

Valerie had been walking to the porch of a large mansion type home.

" Hey!!Don't just leave me in the car during the apocalypse!!!" I shouted to her

" Oh, uh you're awake! " She said walking back and opening the door and then I followed up the steps while she said

" My ex- Husband George lived here"

" Is he dead?" I asked.

" By the looks of it, yes, but I have no clue just yet since this town hasn't been too much attacked, this town heard the news so they all got into their bomb shelters and hid, this town is the rich people paradise. " She Replied.

I looked at her then quietly opened the door.

We saw nothing but shattered glass and an unkept kitchen.

We walked in to see a body. Laying there missing its stomach, it was covered with blood. It was a woman wearing a maid's uniform, obviously his maid.

We walked in more to see a body, a tall handsome man with a neat beard and red robe, he was being EATEN!!

The zombie was above him leaning over like the one I saw earlier.

She threw a knife at it and thats all that happened.

I think I should be safe with Valerie!

"C'mon,the basement is this way!" She said starting to run down a set of stairs leading to a large empty room with a large door.

I tugged on the door and nothing happened.

I pulled and pulled until my arm hurt.

Then when i finally gave up Valerie pulled something out of the wall that had a key pad.

She typed in

425691

Then the door opened revealing a giant stash of weapons that looked military like.

" OMG WHY DOES YOU'RE EX HUSBAND HAVE MILITARY WEAPONS KEPT IN A HUGE SAFE!!"

I asked to Valerie.

She replied calmly

"He was a secret spy! now- she pulled out another large adult sized black bag- PILE UP EVERYTHING THIS CAN HOLD!!"

I did so.

- LATER

We had finished packing.

We had many guns, knives and food!

"We could last a year with all this!!"I said happily.

" Not really, we can't survive alone! We need a few more people!if anyone was strong and smart enough to survive!"She said. " Then we will have to share food!"

We got into the car and drove off.

As we drove off we saw 3 teenage boys huddled and hiding cornered by zombies.

We got out and killed the zombies like pro's.

They got up.

Thats when hope filled my heart.

2 of the boys were Kyle and Evan, my brothers!!

I hugged them.

" We ran after we heard screams coming from the town. Thats when we ran up the forest side behind the house! "

" YOU LEFT ME TO DIE!!!!!! I WAS ASLEEP IN MY ROOM AND AWOKE THE MORNING AFTER ALONE!! IF IT WEREN'T FOR VAL HERE I'D BE DEAD!!" i shouted in their faces.

" Sorry we figured that we'd die if we went back to save you."

I gave them a stern look when I looked at the boy next to them.

" I am Jack, I am George's neighbor, ya " He said awkwardly.

I looked at him, he had beautiful blue eyes, brown cut and fine hair and he looked very handsome.

" Hiiiiii! I AM LEXI!!" i said to him almost drooling.

--/---/-//-------//--/:-/-:-/:-//://-:-/

BYE:)