Home Bitter Home

"Catch me if you can," Avantika squeaked as she ran through the garden of the large estate. Her navy blue skirt flew with the air.

There was greenery everywhere. She ran down the never-ending path and hid behind the tree as she took large gulps of oxygen. She waited for some time as her ears strained to hear the sound of running footsteps. She frowned as she looked back at the path.

Where was he?

An audible gasp left her lips as a pair of arms slowly ran down her waist and took her in an embrace.

"Avni," the man whispered huskily twirling her around as he laid her on the tree. He put his hand on the tree beside her face as she looked at it. The hot breath falling on her lips forced her to look at the man again, his honey-brown eyes shrinking in love and twinkling in joy as he inched further. She shivered as he came closer, so closer that she could feel his beating heart. Her eyes were hooded, drunk in love as she waited patiently for her lover to colour her in his colour.

He didn't disappoint as his lips came almost closer to her. She could feel him smirk as she drowned in those endless orbs of honey brown. She could feel him opening her hair and letting them free in the wild wind as strands of hair hit their faces. Avantika slowly embraced his neck with her arms almost connecting their lips.

"Avni... I am sorry," he whispered.

And this is when she was flooded with a bucket of water. She wiped out her face before she stood up and screamed at the man, "YOU!!!!"

"Yes, me." 

Avantika opened her eyes to see him. Her husband is in front of her eyes. Her husband who was holding an empty blue bucket and soaked her completely in it. He looked fresh and ready to go. And hot too in his casual attire. She glared at him only to witness his eyes on her. She looked down to realise that the white kurta she had worn had become transparent and her red bra was visible through it. She quickly turned around fishing for her blue dupatta on the swing before wrapping it around herself. A sneeze left her lips as the cold air touched her making her hair stand in the insufferable cold. She glared at her husband who looked least bothered with what he had done now.

"Why did you do that?" she asked sharply hugging the dupatta closer to give herself some warmth.

"Because... I wished to and now you are my wife. So why this much shame? Huh?" He spoke casually as he walked back to the room.

"YOU ARE SUCH A BIG JERK!!!" she screamed at him as the only reply she got was 'Get ready soon, we are leaving.'

She went to the bathroom to get fresh and changed herself into traditional wear.

She looked quite good

She looked quite good. She thought as she plaited her hair and let some strands fall on her face. She carried her purse and suitcases down where the jerk was busy scrolling through his phone. She coughed to get his attention.  He took out his airpods as he walked out wearing his goggles. She rolled her eyes as she sat in the car with him. What a perfect gentleman, he was! And she had helped this man. She should have let him sleep on the cold floor all through the night only.

She looked at him as he drove. It was now or never. She coughed again to get his attention.

"you have a throat infection?" he asked as he took a turn not bothering to look at her once. She clenched her fist in anger but controlled herself as she spoke in a restrained manner, "Yesterday someone named Daniel called."

His lips twitched before his face turned all neutral as he raised his eyebrow as if asking 'So?'

"So... Is he your boss? Someone I should be really careful about?" she asked as she pulled back the strands of hair as if trying to make a normal conversation.

"No,"  He spoke coldly.

No? And what will she understand from this no? This man was surely getting on her nerves. Suddenly he stopped the car and went outside. Avantika looked out to witness that they had reached the airport. She came out of the car to witness him ordering his men to deliver their stuff inside his private jet. She stretched her hands as she thought of getting some hot chai nearby. Luckily she witnessed a vendor selling chai and started proceeding towards him when she was pulled back forcefully and forced against the car. She started struggling with her might and almost gave away her secret but thanks to the husky voice that made her realise who the culprit was.

"shhh... People are watching Sweetheart."

She looked at him angrily and hissed, "What do you want now?"

He leaned in closer almost touching her lips as he whispered, "One thing you should know about me is that I do not work under people, they work under me."

He held her hand tightly as he guided her to the jet. She didn't mind. She was too happy to realise that it wouldn't be Daniel Silverstone. He doesn't work under anyone. He had too much ego for that you and so does Alexander.

She didn't realise when they flew over and drove to his family mansion but that is one thing she knew as she looked at the mansion and the people standing outside it.

She didn't like his parents.

'home bitter home Avni'