CHAPTER 1

*AVA POV*

Hi. I'm Ava. I'm 17 and go to shorewood high in New York. I moved here 3 years ago with my stepmom. My father was a drug addict and got high all the time and got drunk a lot. He never touched me or my mother. He was an amazing father and husband until he became a pot head. It went on for about a year until one Friday night, when he killed my sunlight. My mother. He was arrested but was let out early for good behavior. BULLSHIT. Anyway, he supposedly became sober and remarried a really nice girl named Camille. We were so close that I called her mom. Then my father got back into his routine. He would gamble and drink and get high. Camille called the cops because he started breaking things and getting violent. Anyway he went back to jail so me and Camille moved out of California and to New York. I left my best friend in the whole world Logan. But we still are best friends. We talk on the phone all the time still and I pretend to be fine. But I'm not. this is my life now. A piece of shit.

"Camille please stop! I'm sorry" I sobbed as Camille came at me as she held a half empty vodka bottle. "Come here you little bitch! You screw everything up!" She yelled at me. She's been abusing me for about 2 and 1/2 years. She's always bringing creepy guys home who touch me and ugh I just hate everything.

I ran to the bathroom as soon as I escaped her grip. I winced in pain as I closed the door and locked it. "Fuck you!" She yelled. I ignored her and turned on the bath. I took out my blades and stripped down and got into the bath. My sobs got quieter as the pain slowly slipped away as I left a fresh new cut on my wrist, thighs, and stomach. They were every where. I put the blade down as I closed my eyes. I could now see... My..... My...... Mother?....... "It's ok" she whispered. "It'll get better. You can't leave yet honey. Stay strong. I love you baby girl" she said softly as she waved goodbye and slowly dissapeared. I opened my eyes to see my self in a pool of my own blood. "I love you too mom" was the last thing I said before I closed my eyes again. "I miss you too"