43 || Meet & Greet

grab some tissues...

-Harry-

Moving through December has been like butter—nice and smooth. It's Christmas day and I am celebrating my time in the hospital with Eulalia. I decided to go home for a quick visit to see Marvel, but also to find my old Christmas decorations that I brought with me when I moved here from New York.

I designed the room with lights, colorful ones (red, white, and green). I also hung up some signs that offer joy for the time of Christmas. It isn't too much, but it is something for while we're in here for the day.

To begin the Christmas spirit, I got Eulalia a present to open for when she does wake up. Who knows, maybe today is the day.

Sighing, I rub my hands up and down my thighs.

Right on the dot, Doctor Blake walks in with a folder in his hand. His eyes search the room, a small smile curves on his lips, "I like the renovation you've made to the room, it really shows the Christmas spirit!" He laughs, crossing his arms over each other, hugging the folder underneath his armpit.

Shrugging my shoulders like it's nothing, he walks over to check her vitals.

"Spit it out," I cut to the chase, getting up from seat, waiting for something he's already told me a million times.

Doctor Blake sighs, "Mr. Styles, her body is weakening. The only option for us to do at this point is to let her go. If we unplug the air, she can die a peaceful death."

Shaking my head, I inject his option, "No, she will power through it, so we're going to wait."

"But, Mr. Styles," he murmurs, turning his attention to Eulalia.

With my own frustration, I rest my hand on hip, inhaling and exhaling.

"No. We are not doing what you're suggesting. I know her the best out of all the people in this hospital."

Doctor Blake shrugs his shoulders, giving up and leaving the room with my own thoughts. I sit back down in my seat, and my phone vibrates at the same time.

It is Louis.

Louis: Can we meet?

Me: Where?

Louis: The park closest to the hospital

Me: You've got an hour

Because Eulalia's mom is on her way, I will leave a note so when she does come, she won't be wondering where I went.

I grab a tissue from one of the many tissue boxes, the pen from my journal, and I wrote I am meeting Louis at the park to have some lunch.

I leave the room, go to my new car, and I head over to the destination. When I get there, Louis' car is parked, so I pull my car next to his. He waves, before he grabs something from the side and gets out. I leave myself to meet up in front of our cars.

The white fur ball held in Louis' arms is let down on the grass.

"That's a cat!" I laugh, pointing at the mysterious creature. Louis hums, walking away to go to the nearest picnic table. His cat follows slowly behind him, not leaving his side.

"This is Silver. She's my little baby." He leans down to rub behind her ears. Trying to keep in my laugh, Louis ignores me, and pulls out his phone to show me something on the screen, "Do you want to hear the good news I have for you?"

I relax, straightening my posture, and nodding my head, "Spill."

"Well, it is about the hit and run. Remember when I told you about how I asked the police officer to see if anyone got a license's plate?" Rethinking back to the time and I do, he said if he didn't get an answer, he would look at the cameras.