Adults

He is beautiful. I can never deny that. His wings lay at rest on the bed while he sits looking meek. Despite his obvious strength, I don't think I've ever really experienced it myself.

I am reminded of the day in the cage he slammed me into the bars, but even then, I know he didn't use his full strength.

Beautiful, strong, witty when he wants to be. Yet I'll still call him my dumb bird. He never seems to understand his position.

Though I always stay painfully aware of it. As his captor. His jailer. His friend. His caretaker.

Though right now is something different entirely. He sits in my private chambers wearing such little clothing. He wears fine jewelry, but it accentuates his body more than I should recognize. To make it all worse is I only wear my robe after having had a refreshing bath.

I can't help but notice things about him. The light freckling on his shoulders, the brightness in his eyes, his muscular structure. His sharp teeth and claws.

I notice how his cheeks begin to grow rosey as he speaks, "Im sorry, my queen but...I don't understand your customs. It's scary seeing you... just cut someone down like that..."

"Are you growing feverish?" I raise a brow, placing a hand to his forehead

"No?"

"You are actually turning quite flushed," I note

"I...um... think it best if I leave"

"The green liquid-"

"I don't feel well." his head landed in his palms

"I'll get the doct-"

He shook his head again. I pierce my lips but nod understanding. I think I know his affliction based on the context of how I found him.

He slowly settled himself on the bed, curling up with his head on his knees.

His flush slowly spread to his ears and his shoulders. He started to shiver and shake like a leaf.

"I don't mean to scare you, but...its dangerous here. You have met me with the context of you a...unwilling guest. I treat you kindly because...to put plainly you have no ground to try and threaten me. No insult you throw at me will ever hurt me as I've heard worse. You don't threaten me"

"They are different," he mumbled

"Yes. The men and women in that ballroom... I need to stay at the top to not get dragged down. Respect is earned, and fear is gained with control. When I took the crown... I am a woman. Most of those men think I shouldn't be ruler but just a regent. They wish for a king or at least a prince. "

"Am i... your pet?"

I...I don't know how to put it. Though to some extent, that is...kinda right. Yes, he's humanoid and a living being with thoughts and feelings, yet that term is right other than the moral bases for it, "You're a guest"

"Guest implies I will be able to leave,"

"You know I can't promise that,"

"Those men said something to me."

"Probably terrible things." I scoff

"They said you only keep things around if they are of use to you. But what use am I?"

"You know that other ki-"

"And if your kingdoms come to a disagreement? If they stop their portion of the agreement, What am I then?"

"A friend," I reassure

"A friend... sure. You want to know what they told me?" The sarcasm laid thick with frusteration