Chapter 3: Getting to Know Each Other

I woke up to Marshall Lee staring at me. A little weird but what about him wasn't.

"Good morning" he smiled, looking at me.

"Good morning to you as well." I replied with a slight blush. He looked so adorable laying next to me. The sleepiness in his eyes and his messy hair was just too much. I tried to stop myself from staring.

"Let's do something today," Marshall Lee smiled. "I really want to get to know you."

"I guess we could-" and with that he kissed my cheek and quickly jumped out of bed giggling.

"MARSHALL!" I exclaimed. He was always doing things without my consent.

-
After getting dressed and eating breakfast we left. We had decided to go to a music shop, Marshall had gone to a million times. When we arrived I was amazed by the selection of music, although the store was kind of small. I recognised some of the music.

"So, how do you like it?" Marshall asked me with a smile.

"Its amazing, honestly." I replied. I was pretty amazed by this small music store.

"One day my music's gonna be in here." He smirked looking through the music. "We're getting there, its hard work, but its worth it." It was obvious Marshall was extremely passionate about music, especially his own.

"That's gonna be awesome," I began "your music is pretty fantastic." Marshall began getting closer. He was in my personal space, but I didn't push him away. He placed one hand on neck and pulled me closer. I felt him place his lips on mine and I pressed into it. I felt my hands reach for his hips as we kissed harder. I didn't want the kiss to stop but I soon realized where we were and pushed myself from him.

"What's wrong?" He asked confused. I felt bad for what I'd done but I was in a public place.

"Nothings wrong," I began " I just don't exactly like PDA." I laughed. The kiss was great, probably the best one I've had, but the thought of others seeing made me uncomfortable.

"Oh well we could go somewhere more private." He winked.

"Marshall!" I laughed "How about we take things slow? We barely even know each other, what if it doesn't work out?"

"Then it doesn't work out." He says "I know this is right Gumball, and I'm pretty sure you know it too. I mean what can it hurt to try?" He was right, I felt different with him around. Relationships didn't really work out with me though and I definitely wasn't one to rush into a relationship with someone I just met.

"Well..I guess we could, if you really feel that way abo-" I was cut off as Marshall grabbed my face with both hands and planted a kiss on my lips. I laughed and pushed him off of me smiling. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and looked at it. It was Fionna asking me to come over.

"Wanna go to Fionna's?" I asked.

"Blonde chick from the concert?" He replied questioningly. "That's the one." I replied with a smile.

He agreed and we walked out of the store together, different as to when we came in.

-
I knocked on Fionna's door a couple times until I heard movement inside. "He Gumball!" She sang "...and Marshall?" She asked confused.

"Thats me" he said with a smile. We walking in and I sat on the couch, motioning for Marshall to sit next to me. He sat close gripping my hand in his.

A strange smile formed on Fionna's face and she looked at the both of us. "You guys are together aren't you? You know I have a sense about these things." She said beginning to get excited.

"Well.." I began, my face getting pinker than usual. I was cut off as Marshall answered for me. "We're defiantly together." He smirked.

And with that Fionna was squealing excitedly, she was in 100% fangirl mode.

"Okay okay" Marshall says "what are tonights plans?" He asks looking to Fionna for an answer.

"Oh I was just thinking a movie" she says "um Zombieland, me and Gumball have watched it a million times but its what I got." Its true, Fionna have watched this movie over and over.

"That's cool with me." Marshall says getting up. Fionna grabs her cat, Cake, and make our way to her room sitting on her bed. Fionna puts in the movie and Marshall and I scoot together. Marshall and I lay together, leaning on some pillows while Fionna lays at the bottom of the bed. My hand absentmindedly reaches for Marshall's, I smile a little when his grips mine. His kisses my lips softly and I hear a giggle at the end of the bed. I kicked Fionna with my foot and tell her to shut up all while laughing. I had my best friend and the greatest boyfriend, what else could I want?