Chapter 2: Video Games

We arrived at my house later than usual because Marshall had to grab some things. He brought some clothes and his axe bass. He didn't seem to go anywhere without that thing, not that I'm complaining, it added to his bad boy look. We walked in and he sat down his things.

"Nice place." he said. "I guess its fine, kinda messy." I said feeling as though I should have cleaned a little.

My place was pretty nice for someone my age. I didn't really have my parents around seeing as I never knew them. I tried not to dwell on the past but I couldn't help but to think about it now and then.

"So uh what would you like to play?" I asked Marshall. "I have plenty of games you can choose from." He looked through my games for awhile until he found one he liked.

"How about borderlands? I love this game." He asked smiling. It was one of my favorite games so I happily agreed.

We put the game in and began to play. We started a new game with new characters.

"I'm gonna be Brick" he said, which I didn't agree with. "Nooo, I wanted to be him." I whinned.

"I think you should be the chick." He said laughing. Seeing my expression he asked "Okay maybe we could both me him?"

"We can't be the same character! I mean we could but I don't want to." I said stubbornly.

"You know what? I'll just be Mordecai and you can be Brick. It is your game." He smiled. I couldn't tell if he was being sincere but I took the chance and claimed my character.

After playing the game for awhile Marshall began to scoot towards me. This was unusual for me but I decided not to bother him. He eventually moved behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

"M-marshall, I can't play when you're arms are on me like that" I said quickly.

"Well...then stop playing." He smirked. Was he..flirting with me? My question was answer when he began to kiss my neck.

"Marshall Lee!" I exclaimed "what are you doing? We literally just met." I was angry and confused by now.

"Hm? Feels like longer." He stated. Even though I enjoyed the affection I had to stop this. I had just met him and I didn't know what he was like.

"You can't, we can't." I said. "Maybe if I get to know you..we have to know each other. I'm not like that." I was completely uncomfortable, I wasn't used to this.

"Well if you insist." He said unwrapping his arms from around me. "Can't I sleep over?" He asked with a smile.

"Um if you want..I mean yeah it's fine." He looked excited for some reason. Why was he so interested with hanging out with me? Why was he interested in me? Tonight has been so strange.

"So do you want to go to sleep or what?" I asked unsure. "Maybe we could get something to eat?" I was feeling a little and was wondering if he was too.

"I could eat" he answered "got anything red?" He asked. Weird request.

"Red? Why red?" I asked. "Like an apple or something?"

"Red. You know like the color." He laughed. "Like anything, I like the taste. I just prefer it."

"Oh well I have some fruit" I said "you know what? Just grab anything you like." It wasn't like I had much of a selection anyway.

He grabbed and an apple and I led him to my room. I then realized that Marshall would either have to sleep in my room or the couch.

"So do you want to sleep in here or would you prefer the couch?" I asked him.

"Hereee" he sang jumping into my bed.

"Um I meant on the floor or something..." I said nervously. As much as I wanted him in my bed I had to protest.

"Well I'm not moving sooo" he replied with a smirk. Well I wasn't leaving either. Deciding to not argue any further I turned the light off and crawled under the covers. He seemed a little surprised but I could see his small smile even in the dark.

"Goodnight." I said with a slight giggle I was hoping he didn't hear. I shifted around a little get comfortable and used to another body in my bed. I've had sleepovers with Fionna before but never with another guy. This was all new to me but I kinda liked it. After awhile I felt movement and realized that Marshall was cuddling up to me. Assuming he was just asleep I went along with it and enjoyed the warmth of his body. Could I really be falling for this boy I just met? Whether or not I enjoyed his company. It made me feel better, made me feel less alone.