Chapter 6: Accepting

Gumalls POV

I woke up with a slight headache. Someone, Marshall of course, had put me into bed after I passed out. I guess I overreacted to what he had said, maybe not. How do you react to something like that? I didn't even know this shit existed.

I hadn't opened my eyes yet but I could feel Marshall's presence in the room. He must be worried about me.

"So, vampire huh?" Marshall jumps out of his chair and goes to gumball, leaning over to kiss him.

"Gumball oh God you scared me, are you alright? Like really okay please, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, not like you can control being a vampire right?"

"Of course not, but I'm sorry anyway. Do you think you'll be okay with this? It's a lot to ask of you but this is who I am. Take it or leave it."

"I'll take it, I'd take you over anyone in the world. Vampire or not."

They each embraced one another for what seemed like forever yet not long enough. Of course Marshall knew what he was asking for and how it would be different to what Gumball was used to.

Gumball of course knew that Marshall would never hurt him or even try to so he wasn't afraid of that. He was mostly just scared of being together, making him happy and being treated right. Everyone always has fears in a relationship and they were no exception. He knew in his heart that Marshall and him were meant for each other no matter how messed up the other was or what secrets they had. After all he had shared his biggest secret with the boy he loved, proving how much he trusted and cared about him.

He had laid his entire self into the open, now all there was left was acceptable.

--------------
Very short chapter to kind of get back! I haven't written this in a while so I'm trying to figure out where my character are in the story and try not to repeat or contradict myself. If you have any suggestions of what you'd like to see comment! ❤️