Chapter 11: Morning Musings

Stephanie woke groggily before suddenly perking up when she realized her room was ocean blue. She looked around in confusion, seeing herself floating in midair. Everything around her was an ocean blue color that sank to a darker blue toward the bottom, and Lucy or Notches was nowhere to be seen.

She opened her mouth to speak, but bubbles came out, and she gasped, covering her mouth in the realization that she was underwater. Stephanie instantly started swimming toward the ocean's surface as frantically as possible, not wanting to waste any more of her breath.

The swim lasted a few minutes as she struggled to swim but eventually reached the surface and broke out, taking a deep breath as she coughed. After breaking through the surface, Stephanie looked around at the surface of the water, looking at her new surroundings in confusion.

The sky was crystal blue with a few clouds and no sign of land anywhere, causing Stephanie to be more worried. She moved her arm up to start swimming when she froze after seeing that the back of her hand was covered with dark blue scales and her fingers were claws.

Stephanie's worry grew when she looked at the rest of her body, seeing fins along the sides of her arms and legs covered in the same scales, webbing between the toes, and a long fish-like tail with the same darker blue webbing.

She reached up to her neck out of worry and perked up when she felt what looked like gills around her neck, even some of the scales covering it until it stopped at the bottom of her chin. Stephanie's face and hair stayed the same, but she was naked.

Thankfully, she had no gender reveal as she covered herself with her arms, feeling sheepish for being entirely nude as her ears flicked with embarrassment that she was in her birthday suit, but the scales did 'cover' her body from being too naked.

"Hey, what's that in the water?" A voice called, surprising Stephanie as she glanced around with confusion. The water behind Stephanie was rippling, gently splashing against Stephanie's body as she looked around.

"I don't know." Another voice responded with confusion, and it sounded like it was getting closer to Stephanie, who perked when she heard the voice as shadows loomed over her.

"It looks like a gigantic fish!" another exclaimed.

Stephanie frantically glanced around after hearing voices and was startled when she saw ocean liners appearing from the left side, which she swore she had not seen before.

"That's no fish," a voice responded as Stephanie stared up at the gigantic ocean liner with a faint, terrified expression. "It's a human!"

Whenever the barber lifted her long hair while cutting a section or putting it up to even it out, something was on the back of her neck, but she could not distinguish what it was as the hair recovered it. Even her pointed ears looked real whenever Stephanie reached up to them to gently move them down for the barber to brush in some areas.

 Even her pointed ears looked real whenever Stephanie reached up to them to gently move them down for the barber to brush in some areas