THE BLACK WOOD

The Black Wood, October 22, 2097

Clara walked over the thick black tree and on Into the blackness. She could hardly see. When Skye said the black wood she assumed it would be dark, but not this dark.

"How much longer?" She could here Heather complain behind us.

"I don't know." Skye said.

Clara heard what sounded like whizzes and pops coming from where Heather voice was. Clara stopped in her tracks and looked back.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Did I make to much noise?" Lemon asked.

"Yes." She said.

Then a light shone illuminating Lemon's face.

"Cut the light out! Any unnatural light is not tolerated in the black wood!" Skye yelled.

With some hisses and pops Lemon's light flicked off. Clara heard Skye sigh and continue crunching along the path. Clara picked up the pace and followed. The Heather screamed.

A bright yellow monkey thing grabbed her and swung her into the trees. Then a girl landed on the ground. A yellow ring of light surrounding her body. A golden bow in her hand.

"My name is Maria. I am a fairy of these woods. No light. We accepted that you've have a fairy with you. More passage through. Now, I will take you to Tanya." She said.

"Wait, what?" Ivy said. "Skye, have you actually been here before?"

"No. I just assumed..." She trailed off.

"Come with me." Maria said.

She put a arrow on her bow and shot it. The arrow slammed into a tree and created a long golden path leading away from then.

"Join me, and meet Tanya." Maria said.

With that Maria stepped onto the golden path. Clara had no choice but to follow her into the woods. The path remained bright through the whole journey. And before long they came to a large golden city of light.