Chapter 4

Carlos Pov

There was still some time left for the press conference and interviews, but I decided to go there. As I walked I heard the voices and laughter of some drivers and decided to see who was there. Looking to the side I saw Mia for the first time in a few years and I stopped completely surprised as I wasn't expecting to see her here and our memories of when we were together came back.

"Mia is it really you?" I asked surprised

"Hello Carlos yes it's me. It's good to see you again." She replied with a smile on her face.

"Don't take this the wrong way, I'm happy to see you, but what are you doing here?" I asked still a bit surprised

"Last week Daniel called me and convinced me to come see the race and I agreed." She answered me

We stopped talking for a while when we noticed that the other drivers were silent. When we looked at them everyone except Daniel had a confused face and as if they were asking how we knew each other.

"We are exes and haven't seen each other since we broke up and that was 4 years ago. We ended up on good terms and decided to stay friends." Mia explained to them

"That's good." Charles said. "That means this is your first race since you broke up?" He asks

"Actually no I came to two gp's 2 years ago but I've only been with Danny, George and Lando." She said. "I also spent some time with Max as we knew each other before. I didn't decide to meet you because I was ashamed, but now that's over and I'd love to get to know you all better." Mia said with an smile from ear-to-ear.

All drivers who didn't know her were as surprised as I was when she said that 2 years ago she had come to two GP's. I noticed that they don't mind as they will have the opportunity to meet her during this weekend and also that she managed to create some bonds with other drivers which is very good as this is rare to happen.

"It was good to see you again Mia and I hope we can talk more often during this GP." I told her. "Me, Charles, Lando and Yuki have to go as the press conference is about to start." I informed

She agreed and we left. The other drivers who didn't need to go there yet and for now had nothing to do stayed with her to get to know her better.