Chapter 23

ROMELLO ||

Waking up this time, I didn't feel like I was in my bedroom or Titus' bedroom or even on the couch in the livingroom of the packhouse.

Clutching my head with one hand, I slowly sit up and look around. There was nothing — absolutely nothing around me that I could see because it was pitch black but I could hear the voices.

Somewhere — close enough to hear but not close enough to place them to anyone that I could recognize. Groaning from my massive headache, I keep one hand on my head and with the other, I start to push my body up and off the floor that I could feel was maybe hardwoods beneath me.

Feeling around in the darkness, my hand bumps something hard but moveable and when I grab it, I quickly notice that it's a doorknob.

Turning it, the door opens inward so I have to step back a little bit to allow my self to get out the room that I was in.

Stumbling out, my legs felt like jello so I hold onto the closest wall to steady myself, noticing that the room was someone's bedroom, but everything was in this odd grayish and white color, the air filled with dust particles as if the place hadn't been used in years.

Looking around the bedroom, I see nothing but a queen sized bed, one nightstand, a lamp on top of it, a floor length mirror and a dresser against one of the walls.

Walking towards the dresser, I notice some kind of holster on top of it, something purple seeping from inside and the harshness of it forced me to jump back and cover my nose.

Looking around again, desperate to find a way out of here, I find the bedroom door and quickly make my way to it.

Opening it, I walk out into some kind of hallway, long enough to make you dizzy and terrified like it was apart of one of those houses in your nightmares.

Holding onto one of the walls as I gain the strength back in my legs, I swallow nervously as my heart rate picks. The length of this hallway never seeming to end until it finally does when I get to another door and open it super fast to escape the fear of that hallway and I emerge into some kind of. . .

Lab?

The room was filled with steel counters that had needles filled with different color liquids, counters that had microscopes, centrifuges and other various medical equipment on top.

There were pipettes, scales, bunsen burners, freezers, hot plates, incubators, coolers, stirrers, water baths, and fume hoods — all things that you would find in a hospital Lab were here in this room that was honestly three times the size of any Hospital Lab that I've been in.

There were huge chambers off to the side of the room attached to a wall that had various tubes and needles connecting to them — the size of them were offputting as they looked like they could house something as large as a human and things even larger like. . .

I can't even say it. . .

Feeling a chill run up my spine, I cover my mouth as I see what looks like remains of an unknown creature laying off to the side in a waste bin and I rush out of the Lab room coming out into another hallway lined with other Lab rooms, glassed walls separating them.

Wanting to get away from this place as fast as I could, I run down the hallway, not caring which way I was going and I couldn't exactly call on Shiro for help because I couldn't feel him, so I just run and run and run some more, turning corner after corner until I come out into another hallway lined with rooms with opened doors.