𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄/𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒;ᵈᵈ ᵒˢᵃᵐᵃ

DREW BARRYMORE/𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫?"

"𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨, 𝐈 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭."
________________

Z𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐇 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 at Dd's house because the whole group was there. She didn't know why he invited her if they had broke up, it felt like he was trying to torture her because he had a new girl with him. The new girl was so perfect and Zariah hated it.

Zariah knew her and Dd had broke up for a good reason—he didn't treat her how she should've been treated. But Zariah would get so lonely that she forgot what she was worth. Not only her though, they both were so lonely that they tried to pretend that it was going to work, when they knew it wasn't.

And Zariah knew why, but she couldn't help but think that it was her fault. Was she not attractive enough? Not ladylike enough? It was killing her to know that they weren't together anymore, but it was killing her more to know it could've been because of her. Because she wasn't good enough for him

She felt herself about to cry so she opened the door and left because she couldn't take the pain anymore. Everyone was confused as to why though because she was just laughing and having fun, well they thought.

Seeing nobody else was going to do it, Dd got up to go see what was wrong. He didn't see her on the steps so he went down stairs and saw her walking down the street. "Yo Zariah" He yelled put, jogging towards her.

"What Dd?" She asked, trying to turn away from him so he wouldn't see her tears. "Look at me" He told her. "No wh-" She was cut off by him grabbing her chin and making her look at him. "Why are you crying, ma?" He asked softly, hating seeing her like that.

"Stop it Dd. Don't touch me like how you used to or call me names like you used to if this is never going to happen." She started, pointing between her and Dd on the word this. "Why act like you care now? Huh? Why when we're done? I really don't even know why we ended" Zariah finished, avoiding his eyes.

"What you mean now? I always cared. And you know why we ended, Zariah. Don't do this" He stated, staring at the girl in front of him.

"I know why we ended but why did it have to be that way? Why couldn't you treat me right? Why couldn't you be loyal? Why Dd, Why?" She said feeling the tears rush down her face.

He stood there silent after she said that because truth be told, he didn't know why. He didn't know why he couldn't treat her how he should've, he didn't know why he would cheat on her, or play in her face like she was dumb.

Even though she didn't know it Dd missed her, but he wasn't going to tell her that because he didn't want them to get back together—not right now at least. Not because he didn't want to, but because he knew he hadn't changed and didn't want to put her through that again.

She had too much of a pure soul and he just didn't want to be the one to take that from her because not many people were like that. Zariah was rare and that's why he loved—loves her so much but he knew that you didn't love someone by hurting them so he had to let her go.

"Look, Ma. I'm sorry for the way I treated you and I mean that with all of my heart. I didn't know why I couldn't be good to you but i do know that i still can't be good to you." He started off feeling his eyes become watery." I love you a lot. Like word to my dead's I love you a lot. But i also hurt you a lot so..i gotta let you go because I'm the only one that's holding you down" Dd finished, grabbing her face and looking her in the eyes.

"Don't do this to me, D. Please don't do it" She cried, looking into his eyes. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm so so sorry. But don't ever forget that I love you, okay? And please don't ever forget me" He said, feeling his tears flow too.

She knew it was over and she finally understood why. It's not because he didn't care, it's because he actually cared too much. He cared too much to hurt her again. Even though letting go hurt her the most.

"I promise I won't forget you, D. I love you. I love you so much." She let out, hugging him. Of course he hugged her back and neither of them wanted to let go but they knew they needed to.

"Bye Dd." Zariah whispered."Bye, ma"

So, they both walked away. Hating the fact that they had to walk away, but they knew it was for the best.

A/N- y'all i cried making this.😭 hope y'all like it!!

thoughts???

pls vote and comment.

*not proof read*

love y'all !!!💘

864 words .