Chapter 8

"What?" uttered the twins in sync, then Leviathan asked me to repeat what I just said.

My entire face burned and I covered it despite knowing my verbal blunder wouldn't disappear if my line of sight got covered. My heartbeat pounded in my skull from pure nervousness.

Would I regret it later if I admitted it now? Or will it be one of the best decisions I could ever make? Is it too soon? Am I being stupid?

With all of those questions swirling around inside my head and even more popping up to join them, I peered at the Masters twins. They were waiting for me to say something, anxious expressions on their faces with bated breaths. Their midnight-blue eyes were trained on my face with an intensity that could only come from both nervousness and eagerness.

I'm not being stupid, but this is moving pretty fast.

I heaved a breath and dropped my hands to my knees, then squeezed them as I looked between the twins. "I said I want to kiss both of you."

Their fingers curled in an instant and a vein in their necks bulged as they tensed, immediately looking away from me. Although some people would have assumed they were upset or angry from that reaction, I instantly recognized that they were holding themselves back. Loki's breaths were heavy, harsh, and short as he gripped the couch cushion. Leviathan was silent and clenching his fists in his hunched state.

"Are you really, truly serious?" uttered Leviathan through a growl, his eyes still trained on the floor. "We know you're not stupid. You should know what saying that means."

"Tell us right now if you're messing around or joking," added Loki. "If you don't—!"

"I'm not joking around," I replied firmly. "And yes, I know what it means. I know it's early and it honestly seems way too fast, but I really do want to kiss you both."

The twins uncurled their fists and Leviathan straightened, then turned to look me in the eyes. "Do you care who goes first?"

My cheeks flushed as I shook my head. Loki's right hand slipped under my jaw and tilted my head back onto the couch. He curled down and that subtle vanilla bean scent made my mouth water even before his lips pressed against mine. I melted into the couch and relished his gentle grip, a soft noise in my throat as his lips moved mine. A low growl rumbled in Loki's chest as he deepened the kiss. I tentatively met his tongue, feeling strangely hot as he started to control the pace.

But, before I could become breathless, Loki pulled back. My chest heaved as I stared up at Loki's face. He looked happy, but disbelief and hunger remained. He couldn't believe we'd just kissed and there was no way he had enough of me. I understand that. The feel of his lips, the touch of his hand, his warmth, scent, and the taste of his mouth were all addicting.

Leviathan's fingers locked with mine, so I lazily rolled my head to the left to look at him. He smirked, then moved closer and cupped my right cheek. The scent of spiced chocolate became more obvious as he leaned in to meet my lips. I squeezed our interlocked fingers just as Leviathan's lips locked with mine. Unlike Loki's lips which were a little soft, Leviathan's lips were a bit rougher like he had a habit of biting them sometimes.

Loki locked my right hand with his own, just squeezing my fingers as Leviathan deepened our kiss even more than his twin. I relished the lack of control, feeling totally safe with the twins. I think they noticed because Leviathan drew back and stroked my cheek with his knuckles.

"Kitten," he whispered, "you're so cute and lovely."

My cheeks flushed, making Loki chuckle and add, "Agreed."

"Is it really okay, Leslie? You really want us?" asked Leviathan, searching my face for any sign of dislike regarding our current situation.

I nodded as I looked between them and whispered, "Yeah, I really do. Are you sure you want me, even though I can't remember you guys?"