Chapter 20

Ch. 20: Julian

Every time Dane and I make love, he makes sure I hear an 'I love you' in every look and touch. Even when he uses me hard, when I want it fast and rough, he's always careful, attentive, and watchful for the slightest sign of discomfort or pain. Part of this stems from his love for me as his mate, but part stems from what he knows about my past.

That's the part I don't like: when he's so careful not to hurt me, he reminds me that I can, in fact, be hurt.

Sometimes a little tenderness goes a long way, and sometimes a guy just wants to get fucked.

I decide to make it clear which sort of time this is and get our 'supplies' in order before arranging myself in a somewhat provocative display.

When he emerges from the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel around his waist, his eyes travel the visual buffet I'd arranged for him with a hunger that sends a little tingle up my spine. Then his gaze lands on my cast—the only thing I'm wearing—and his appetite vanishes, replaced by something softer and tinged with regret.

From that one look, I can tell I'm in for the 'rare orchid' treatment—as if I'll break if he breathes on me wrong—and I'm not in the mood for it.

I am in the mood for some fun, though; so as he crawls towards me across the bed, I sit up and meet him halfway, looping my arms around his neck as his hands settle on my waist.

"Hello, gorgeous," I say, angling my eyes down and between us. "Long time, no see."

"You saw all there is to see this morning, Julian," he returns. "Or was it that forgettable?"

"You're never forgettable, but I'll take a reminder."

He kisses me with tender passion, as if my mouth tastes like pleasure, and I shiver as his warm, rough hands traverse my skin. When I can tell he's about to push me down and raise the heat, I nip his bottom lip playfully.

"Ow."

He pulls away, frowning and rubbing at his mouth.

"What was that for?"

"Just a little payback," I murmur, resting a hand on his chest and giving him a light shove. It's not nearly hard enough to move him, but he yields and falls back into the pillows. "I can give as good as I get, you know."

He smiles up at me crookedly, one long canine snagging his lip. "I do. Maybe even better."

"We'll have to be quiet," I whisper. "We have a houseguest, remember? And she's your little sister. I want to be able to make eye contact tomorrow."

"You're the one who makes all the noise," he whispers in reply, stretching his arms overhead and displaying the muscles of his torso to full effect.

"Maybe you should try gagging me."

"Nah. I like the sounds you make. But if you really want something in your mouth, I have an idea."

I raise my brows at him and smirk. "You're lucky I like the way you think."

Wetting my lips, I keep my eyes locked with his as long as I can as I lower myself between his thighs and kiss the tip of his erection. A twitch in his abdominal muscles makes it jump a little, and I laugh under my breath.

As I set to work distracting him with the wet heat of my mouth, I drizzle some lube over the fingers of my good hand and then, teasingly, slip them down past his balls to his ass.

His body jolts as I test his entrance, and I stop what I'm doing and lift myself to look at him.

"Is it okay? We don't have to."