Trying to Comfort His Childhood Bully Proves to be Difficult

I mean the boy is a total hot-head

Look at my cute boi!! ^^^ ♡v♡. So, if you couldn't tell I'm a Todoroki simp. I'm sure you're all tired of the usual apology for taking so long to post a new chapter so I'll just get right to it. Enjoy!

Inko Midoriya was worried about her child. Not that this fact would shock anyone. Inko has always been worried about Izuku, he was born quirkless in a world full of superhumans after all. Funny enough, it was the sudden appearance of his sudden new quirk which caused her to worry even more. Not just the quirk itself but everything that seems to come with it.

Her baby boy appears to be an entirely new person lately. Whenever he wasn't intensely training, he would be holed up in his room either writing obsessively in that notebook of his or inside his closet doing God knows what.

At one point she had even caught him sleeping in his closet clutching a pencil in his hands like a teddy bear when she went to wake him up for school one morning. It didn't help that he got very defensive about her coming near his closet. He gave the impression of always being on the defense lately like someone was out to get him.

Inko fondly remembered a time when he would beam with pride while showing her his meticulously detailed hero notebook but now, he clings to his notebook like it's a sacred relic worthy of his eyes only. He was sure to slam it shut whenever someone was nearby.

He used to not care whether or not she was in his room.

He used to share his dreams and ambitions with her.

He used to TALK to her!

Was this that fateful time she had heard of when a child would outgrow the need for their mother? Why was it happening so soon? He was still so young! Everything about her child was changing. He was making friends and of course, Inko was ecstatic for him to finally receive companionship, especially from a nice girl such as yourself, however, was it normal for a son to stop talking to their mother almost entirely just because they had a friend to talk to?

He was just so unresponsive and distracted lately. The only time he seemed talkative was when the topic of conversation was you. Inko didn't want to be selfish, after all her baby was going after the dreams he so craved after so many setbacks and she wouldn't allow herself to stand in his way simply because his personality gave the impression of being different.

Despite all that, he was still her little boy who she loved and worried about dearly; she will always want to be a part of his life. So, she attempted to stitch back the gap.

It was the second day of school and Izuku was practically sprinting out the door to meet you at the subway.

"Izuku honey!" She called out just before he could leave out the front door. Izuku turned to face his mother quickly having to force his annoyed expression deep down with an exasperated grin.

"Yeah Mom," He practically sighed.

"Come sit down honey, I have something to show you!" Eagerness radiated off her as she patted the couch cushion beside her. Izuku looked back and forth between the cushion and the door anxiously. He wanted to leave early to ensure he could walk you from your home and swipe his card for you. He already had the entire process planned out in his head.

When the two of you arrived at the entrance, you would fidget nervously with your fingers, looking down embarrassed before gazing up at him with those adorable (E/C) eyes of yours practically pleading with him to let you use his card when you look at him like that. You'd explain how you had lost yours yesterday and it would only be this one time. He would then grab your jittery fingers in his hands tenderly, reassuring you not to worry.