The Pick-Up Line Worked

SETTING: Perla House. 12:06 AM

time passed as the two youtubers spoke. they clicked like two pieces of a puzzle, their train of humor perfect for one another and almost being able to finish each others sentences. it was going so well. almost, too well.

"y'know, you sound so familiar but i just cant quite place my finger on it..." Kelsey spoke after a moment of silence between them.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Perla forgot about how Kelsey would watch her youtube videos from time to time. a minute passed, then two. Perla just blankly stared at Kelsey trying to come up with a way to end the conversation.

"Ahaa.. would you look at the time!" Perla raised her arm to pretend to look at a watch. "Its getting late, I should go to bed." She had lied but it was the first thing that had popped up in her racing mind.

Kelsey looked at Perla with a hint of sadness in her eyes from how sudden their time together had to end. "Well I cant leave here without stealing something so why dont I take your number?" The cheesy pick-up line sounded a lot cooler in Kelseys head..

A faint blush painted Perlas cheeks. Somehow the line had worked and she quickly typed in her phone number into the device. Her heart pounded. was this her being hit on or just Kelseys weird way of asking to be friends. She pushed the thought away, it wasnt important right now. All that mattered right now was getting Kelsey out of the house.

Once Perla finished typing in her number she shakily handed back the phone.

"I'll text soon!" Kelsey called out, her voice echoing in the house before slamming the door.

Perla fell onto her couch. the quiet night settled in and the roaring wind returned. this time she did not attempt to drown it out however. she watched this hand on the clock tick. tick tock. tick tock. the animator fell asleep quickly to the calming sounds of her house.