Finding courage (flashback)

In a futuristic run down looking Mobius, Scourge was being chased down by a group of badnicks, now these weren't normal badnicks, like crabs and monkeys, these badnicks were human sized and ran almost as fast as scourge could. A giant projection of this different looking Robotnik appears on a collapsed building, the half robot half man states "You can't run forever, green one, all of the freedom fighters are gone, and you and that other blasted hedgehog are the only ones left!"

At this point scourge was fatigued and started slowing down until he found some cover behind some broken rubble in a war torn part of this city. Scourge, being one of the last survivors had only one choice, he pulled out an orangish brown device and pressed the giant button on it, all scourge knew about it was its ability to open portals, to where? To when? Scourge didn't have time to assess and leaped through, closing the portal to his pursuers confusion.

Scourge woke up. It felt like a nightmare but it was real no longer. Here, Scourge was alone for the second time in his life. Scourge looks at the teleportation device, all battered up and broken in half, all he could do is find this universes' inventor, or live the rest of his life full of guilt of all of his past friends being roboticized.

Looking up, Scourge can not help but notice he's in a dense forest and all he can do is stare at the trees and bushes, something he's never really seen before, almost at peace. In the bushes, Scourge spots a shiny thing. He stuffed it in his leather jacket pocket as fast as he can, as he hears footsteps approaching.