~6~

"What are you doing?" A booming voice flinched both the kids. Yibo almost dropped the clothe he used to wipe seeing the angered face of her.

"This brat really doesn't listen to olders now Huh? Didn't I tell you to do them yourself and not throw all the work to younger kids?" Her voice scared both boys. He yanked Zhan's hair forcefully before continuing his scolding.

"M-maam I-I will do it properly. S-sorry." Zhan stammered between the pain in his hair.

"Then do it fast you useless trash, too old to even get adopted now." Her words didn't hurt Zhan as much as the tears he saw that was caddying down the face of Yibo. He remembered his promise to protect Yibo and not let his beautiful amber eyes get even slightly wet. Yet he had again failed making him angry enough to forget the pain when the lady suddenly pushed him to the floor.

"You come with me and have lunch." Have said before dragging away the reluctant Yibo. Zhan mouthed an 'it's okay, I'll come get you' to Yibo who was looking at him with widened eyes with fear. He still wasn't used to being alone in a place filled with unknown kids as he was always accompanied by Zhan. Now his ge was again being punished because of him.

"Shh he'll here but look at him he must've probably been the reason for his parents death. I mean the couple used to be so happy before he came. Must've been a bad orm to the family."

"I know right he's such a unlucky kid."

Suddenly the words from his distant aunts at the funeral made sense to Yibo. It is his fault that all the ones around him get hurt.

He stared at the tasteless food on his iron plate. Other kids were savouring as if it was the finest. Yibo just sat there motionlessly, waiting for the bell to dismiss them so that he can run back to Zhan.

"Open your mouth...aaaa" Yibo laughed at how silly his gege looked trying to make him eat.

"Aaa" Yibo did as Zhan fed him a mouthful of rice. The others in the table only have these two weird looks which were completely unfathomable to Zhan and Yibo. In thier little world only themselves mattered.

Coming back to reality he saw familiar strangers around him making his insides churn in discomfort.

"Slap" metallic taste of blood was all Zhan could taste from the harsh slap he received. The thought of having to be a punching bag today as well for them to relive stress made him want to cry. What did he do to deserve this? Or all of these cruelty he had been facing since he was born. The only comfort was the thought of Yibo probably must be having his lunch peacefully by now. At least one of them wasn't suffering.

Hit

Zhan clenched his fists as he laid on his knees on the floor. Another painful hit followed by another until it was stopped in that exact moment Zhan thought he might loose his balance and fall. One thing he hated was looking like a weakling when they were imposing shimmers like these on him. The sole thought of looking like he wasn't affected by any of their harsh actions bought a sense of pleasure to him. Call him twisted but in his mind he was doing far more things to them than they were doing to him in reality.

As expected he was locked up inside the storage room twice for this week already. He knew they'd open it probably by tomorrow lunch. The thought of being able to spend the rest of the day with his only source of joy, made him beg for the time to go faster. The storage room was situated in a far most corner of the building. It was built underground so there was a staircase that lead to the room. The door was at the bottom of the staircase and it was always in sheer dark.