Chapter 4. An attempt to repair a relationship that worked

3 days have passed since Veronika arrived at the fire department of the reserve.

The girl was able to make friends with the whole team except for Blade, unfortunately he continues to treat her as coldly as before, he was clearly not happy with the "strange creature" at his base.

But the girl opposite tried with all her might to make friends with the ranger, but not a single attempt was successful, with her efforts she only annoyed the commander, and by the end of the week the girl had lost all hope of a good relationship with Blade.

Veronika also asked Maru why red helicopteris always so tired, to which the mechanic replied that he himself did not know.

Even though Maru had a better relationship with Blade than the rest of the team, it looks like the helicopter was hiding something anyway.

And on Saturday night, the guys gathered in the main hangar to watch the movie.

Veronika was also invited, so the girl was currently sitting on one of the boxes not far from the TV.

Maru pulled out a cassette with a fake cover from his stash and turned on the series.

After 10 episodes, the guys were already fed up with everything and they decided to go to bed.

The girl left the main hangar together with the guys, and while everyone was leaving for their hangars, the girl looked at the sky with fascination.

Here, far from the big city, where the light of buildings, lanterns, various signs and headlights from cars makes almost all the stars invisible with their light, the sky was especially beautiful.

In the night sky one could see thousands, not even millions of stars that shone brightly somewhere in distant space.

The girl was ready to admire the Moon, the stars, the night sky for eternity if she had not heard strange sounds that came from Blade's hangar.

It looked like he was talking to someone, but the light in the hangar was turned off, and besides, the girl did not see that someone would call on him.

Although she stared at the stars so much that she didn't even notice how the other inhabitants of the station parted.

The girl carefully approached the hangar doors.

They were closed, the girl knew a hundred if she would press the pedal and open the doors, so she would 100% wake up Blade, so Veronika walked around the hangar and, noticing the open window, she decided to climb into it.

Yeah, it doesn't turn out beautifully, - the girl said quietly, somehow trying to get to the window.

And then her head poked through a small window and looking around the girl realized that everything was clean and only Blade was in the hangar.

Veronika carefully climbed down the boxes that stood by the window and looked at the ranger.

He was sleeping, but he was obviously dreaming something.

-N-nick, p-please. Blade kept repeating this while swaying a little on the chassis, such a movement in Veronika's world could be interpreted as tossing and turning in bed.

He was clearly having a nightmare.

And then the girl was visited by a very interesting and at the same time sad thought:
What if he has these nightmares every night? What if it is because of this that he is always sleepy and angry.

The girl remembered who Nick from the movie was in her world, but Maru also reminded her today by showing the series.

The girl somehow reached the level of Blade's eyes.