Eighteen

Addison's POV

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Dad asks me with a smile on his face.

"I'm sure Dad. How's Bizzy doing? Is she still with Susan?" I asked referring to Susan Grant, my mother's longtime lover.

"Those two are still together and Bizzy's doing well. Bizzy wants to see you and Adelaide." Dad informed me.

"No! I do not want to see her!" Adelaide shouted, causing both Dad and I to turn around to see Adelaide at the kitchen entrance.

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to. But if you do, I won't let you see her alone. Have I done that before?"

"You always stayed with me. But the last time she came to visit, Bizzy broke my arm and then pushed me onto the floor so you would think that I fell. This was when you went to the bathroom." Adelaide explained to me before leaving the kitchen and ran upstairs to her room.

"I didn't know. I swear I just left them for a minute, five minutes at the most."

"Addie, Adelaide knows that. She's just upset right now. I won't tell Bizzy what she said right now. I'll just tell her that you're both busy with work." Dad says when both Meredith and Alex entered the kitchen.

"Dad, this is Meredith Grey and Alex Karev. Meredith and Alex, this is my father Adam. I'm sure you've both met my brother Archer."

"Pleasure to meet you sir." Meredith says with a smile on her face.

"Nice to meet the lady who's making Adelaide happy." Dad says before Meredith puts the apple pies in the fridge.

"Alex is a big brother figure to Adelaide, so she invited him over for Thanksgiving."

"You should be proud of Adelaide. She did a whole surgery by herself when we were trapped in the elevator. All I did was hold the light so that she could see because I froze." Alex tells my father.

"Holding the light was important, especially because Adelaide isn't too fond of the dark. Don't doubt your abilities as a surgeon." Dad tells Alex who smiled before leaving the kitchen.

                                                         ****************

Meredith's POV

"Everything okay sweetheart?" Adelaide shook her head before holding my hand under the table.

"Bizzy wants to come and see me. But the last time she came, Mommy had to go to the bathroom and Bizzy broke my arm. Then she pushed me down so that Mommy would think that I just fell. Mommy knows that part now, but there is something that she does not know." Adelaide tells me before eating some turkey. Everyone else was having their own conversations, so they weren't really paying attention to us.

"What is it?"

"Bizzy said that I was a mistake and should have been aborted." Adelaide tells me before eating some stuffing.

"You aren't a mistake Adelaide. If you weren't here, I would still be involved with Derek, a selfish and arrogant man. But ever since I met you, I've been falling in love with you, a sweet and loving woman. Nobody's every taken me on a first date as wonderful as my first date with you. You are a brilliant surgeon and an even better person."

"You are in love with me?" Adelaide asked me, clearly shocked.

"Yes sweetheart. I'm in love with you."

"I am in love with you too Merry." Adelaide says before placing her head on my shoulder.