Chapter 4: Good Catch

*Gumballs POV*

"I'm falling in love with Marshal lee the vampire king" I breathed out, looking at her. She blinked, staring at me, like she was frozen.

"Really?!" She asked me, jumping up and smiling at me. She squealed and jumped up and down. I looked at her wide-eyed and confused.

"Yes, really! B-But..." i said, looking away from her sadly. She stopped jumping, her smile faded.

"But what?" She asked, looking down at me. I looked away from her and got up, pacing slightly. I griped my hair, pulling on it slightly. I just felt so stressed because of this.

"He likes someone else, he told me last night" I told her and looked away sadly. I felt tears welling in my eyes. Fionna looked at me, a concerned look in her eyes. She walked over to me, wrapping her arms around me, petting my hair softly.

"Shhh..gumball..it's okay" She whispered to me. I let her hug me, leaning my head on his shoulder and letting tears fall from my eyes. I wiped them away quickly, trying to hide the fact that I was crying. I sniffed, letting out a gasp.

"Shhh...it's okay to cry...just let it out" She whispered. I bit my lip, holding my breath before bursting into tears, hugging her tightly. I cried into her shoulder, sniffing and turning into a stressed, in love, mess of a prince.

"What if he finds out?! What if he hates me, Fionna!" I cried out, continuing to let tears fall from my eyes. She pulled away and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Shh..Marshal would never hate you.." She whispered, wiping my tears and smiled at me. I felt horrible, taking deep breaths, trying to hold in from bursting out again.

"Hey, why don't you stay here? We can watch movies and drink hot chocolate and play board games" She suggested, giving me a smile. I let out a sad laugh, nodding and wiping my own tears.

"Yeah...Thanks, Fi, that would be nice" I told her.

*******TIME SKIP: THAT NIGHT*******

"HA! GIVE UP YOUR MONEY, BITCH!" Cried out Cake as I placed my piece down.

After we had ran back to the kingdom and informed them that I was staying at Fionna's, getting some pajama's and other stuff, we returned back to her tree house. Sense then, for 3 hours straight, we have been playing the dreadful game of Monopoly.

At the moment, Cake had a hotel on Parkway and Boardwalk, and thanks to my luck, I landed right on boardwalk, causing me to go bankrupt.

"Dammit!" I yelled. Fionna laughed as Cake danced around, throwing her money in the air and dancing. I laughed as well, watching Cake do her ridiculous dance. I turned my head, hearing a creaking sound above us. I looked out the window and to the sky. The thought of Marshal snuck back into my head, making my heart drop and my smile fade.

"Hey Fi, I'm going to go outside for fresh air for a while, come get me when you finish the game" I told her. She opened her mouth like she was about to question me, but quickly shut it. She nodded in approval.

"Thanks.." I thanked her and walked out of the room and to the ladder on the side of the tree, climbing up it and to the tree top. I wore the same shirt Marshal gave me, like I did every night. I also wore baggy long dark pink pants. I stood up and walked over to the middle of the tree, sitting down and looking up at the stars.