Chapter 9:Pillows

*GUMBUTTS POV*

Gumball sighed, falling back onto his bed. He pretty much spent the whole day with Marshall, wasting all the time he had to make up all his work, so when he got home he immediately started working on it and didn't finish until 3am, which is now.

Gumball curled up into my blankets, squeezing his pillow tightly. He could still smell the scent of Marshall on his cloths, making him smile as he held onto it. 

'I'm so helplessly in love with him when I shouldn't be' Gumball told himself as he closed his eyes/

In the end, he decided not to change, and just curled up in his sheets. He wanted to be with him more often but he had a kingdom to run, and he couldn't just continue to disappear everyday.

He heard a tapping at his window, shooting up and looking at it. He smiled as hr spotted the goofy smile of Marshall Lee the Vampire King.

Gumball stood up, walking over to the balcony window and unlocking it, letting the Vampire step inside.

"Marshall what are you doing here?" He asked him, sitting down on my bed and looking up at him, brushing his fingers though his messy hair.

"I wanted to see ya, Bubbs" Marshall said and smiled, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Marshall you just saw me like 5 hours ago" Gumaball responded

"5 hours is a long time" Marshall smirked.

"You dork" Gumball replied, throwing a pillow at him. Marshall laughed and caught it, walking over and sitting down next to him.

"So,  why did you want to see me again?" He questioned him, looking over into his deep red eyes. Marshall looked up at the ceiling as if in deep thought, letting out a hum as his eyebrows burrowed together and his face squished up.

"You don't have a reason, do you?" Gumball asked after a minute of silence.

"Nope"

"Great. What am I going to do with you?" He questioned and laid back on his bed, looking up at the vampire.

Marshall laughed, his smooth yet deep rich laugh, making Gumball's cheeks heat up slightly.

"I don't know, what were you doing before I got here?" He asked Gumball, looking down at him.

"Well, finishing up work, getting yelled at by Peppermint Maid for skipping yet another day and disappearing, and then trying to sleep" He tells Marshall, shrugging and looking at him.

"Are you tired?" Marshall asked, looking back at him.

"I was" Gumball simply responded.

"Are you now?"

"No"

"How so?"

"How do you expect me to sleep when your here?"

Marshall looked down at him. Gumball could spot the tint of red pasted to his cheeks, "What do you mean?" He asked.

Gumball looked up at him, "I don't know, why would I sleep when I can talk to you" he told the vampire and shrugged, sitting up. "It's weird. don't think about it" he adds and gives him a smile.

Marshall looked over at Gumball and smiled, "Interesting" he said simply, looking at the pink boy beside him.

"I know a way to keep you up all night" Marshall added with a wink and a smirk. Gumball blushed terribly, shoving him slightly.

"Marshall!" he shouted, laughing. Marshall laughed along with him and smirked, wiggling his eyebrows. Gumball let out a chuckle-like giggle, putting his finger on Marshalls forehead and pushing him back, "You're such a weirdo"