Chapter 6: Kisses to the wrong person

*Marshal's POV*

I felt anger boiling up inside me as I dropped down to the two. I saw Gumball struggling under Micheal's grasp. I growled, marching towards them. I saw Gumballs bright blue eyes flicker to me.

"M-Marshal!" He called out for me, making my heart skip a beat. I ran up to Micheal, shoving him as hard as I could to get him off of Gumball. He flew to the side and hit his back against a tree and letting out a loud grunt. I reached forward, grabbing Gumball's hand and pulling him to me, holding him close.

"Heh, I see little baby Marshy finally showed up" Micheal hissed out, getting back up and walking over to us. I growled at him, pulling Gumball behind me.

"Micheal, I told you not to touch him" I growled in a low voice, my eyes glowing red in anger.

"Why should I? It's not like he's yours. You two aren't even dating" Micheal told me. I bit my lip, he had a point. Who was I to tell Gumball what to do with his life?

"He doesn't like you, Marshal" Micheal told me, a mischievous smirk on his face. I felt a pain in my chest, like I was being stabbed by his words. I clenched my one fist and squeezed Gumball's hand with the other.

"Leave him alone!" I yelled at him, squeezing Gumball's hand and holding him a bit tighter.

"Why should I?" He asked me, floating around. It annoyed me. He annoyed me. Just knowing he was alive, annoyed me.

"I-..." I started, but I didn't have a reason to protect Gumball. Well, I did but I wasn't willing to admit it.

"Cat got your tongue?" He asked me, walking closer to us. I squeezed Gumball, turning and scooping him off his feet. He yelped, like he did whenever I picked him up unexpectedly. He clung onto me, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Fuck you" I told Micheal, stepping forward and sending a kick to his side, making him fall over. I took the opportunity to fly upward with Gumball in my arms. I could feel him curl up in my arms, laying his head in the nook of my neck.

"Thank you...Marshal" He whispered out as we flew back to the waterfall.

"Don't thank me, I couldn't just leave you there with that monster" I told him, feeling him hold onto me tighter. We flew to the top of the waterfall while everyone, minus Ashley, worried about Gumball. They ran over when they saw me holding him.

"What happened?!" Marceline asked, looking down at gumball. I sighed and looked at the rest of them.

"Micheal happened," I told them, and they each knew what I meant, this wasn't the first time something like this happened, "I'm going to take Gumball home, I'll see you guys later" I told them. They all nodded and agreed, everyone except Ashley. What was her deal? She seemed so pissed when I was with Gumball, and happy when he left.

I sighed, waving goodbye to all of them and flying upward again. I flew over to the lake and retrieved our cloths. We each got dressed quietly, then I picked him up again. Gumball wrapped his arms around my neck and curled up into my chest like he always did when I carried him. I felt my heart rate increase and my cheeks become red. I looked down at him, seeing his eyes were closed. He looked peaceful. He looked both sad and happy at the same time. His hair messed up from the water and his skin seemed soft. I smiled down at him, almost sure that he was asleep.

I carried him back to Fionna's, it was about 3 am in the morning. All the lights were out in the tree house. I passed by the bedroom window, seeing that Fionna and Cake were fast asleep. I saw a piece of paper taped to the window.

"Marshal-

Have you kissed him yet? If not, DO IT ALREADY!