Listen to my voice for the first time

His breathing was getting heavy with every step he took.
It wasn't in his plans for something like that to happen.

He managed to hide in an alley, hiding in the dark. He knew that he would not give him time to seek help, even if it was clandestine.
An official car passed by him, announcing to the citizens that a "dangerous criminal" was on the street.
Dangerous... The simple word made him laugh. All so that no one would help him.
Jake picked up his phone and looked at the MC's chat. Ever since Hannah was saved, he hadn't been able to contact her because of the FBI. He had had to cut ties so she wouldn't be linked to him. She would surely be mad at him for not sending her a message.

He put his hand to the bullet wound. More and more blood came out. He took a breath and blew it out, groaning under his breath.
If he didn't do it now, he could never do it.
He called MC. At least, to be able to hear her voice for the last time.
    "Hello?" It was a pleasant voice in his ear, it made him think of something other than the wound.
     He tried to speak, but when he did, it hurt more.
    "Jake?" He heard her say his name, almost like a spell. Everything about her kept him trapped     "Is that you Jake?"
    "Hello, MC..." He finally answered, gasping for breath.
    "Oh my God Jake! How glad I am to hear your voice!" He imagined a smile when pronouncing those words, her joy was his placebo "You have no idea how much I've missed you. I almost didn't even eat because of how worried I was!"
    "Oh... Sorry for causing you so much... worry..."
    "How could I not worry? You can't say goodbye with an 'I love you', that makes it more dramatic, you know?"
     Jake laughed slowly. He didn't want the wound to hurt any more than it already did.
He had to hurry, his eyesight was already failing him.
    "MC, forgive me." Jake looked into infinity, as if he were imagining her in front of him, seeing her smile, her eyes. Wanting to be able to reach her face with his hand and caress her ", forgive me for not seeing us at Duskwood. Forgive me for not inviting you to dinner at a Chinese restaurant as promised."
    "Jake?" MC's tone of voice changed. She now she seemed worried "What are you saying?"
    "I would have liked to do many things with you." He could feel how a hot liquid began to come out of his mouth. Liquid that it tasted like iron. "I would have wanted to give that dance in your living room or just be lying in bed, hugging you."
    "You're worrying me, stop it-"
    "Maybe, if I had told you everything from the beginning, maybe we wouldn't have started talking late about what we both wanted to do together."
    "Jake, tell me where you are right now!"
     Jake looked at MC's location. He was two blocks from her, but he couldn't risk her knowing they were looking for him. Perhaps because of him they would arrest her.
    "MC, thanks for trusting me." Jake started to cry. The last time he cried was believing that he would never speak to her again. Only now would be the last time ", thank you for giving light to my life so lonely and sad."
    "Enough, Jake! Stop please!" Now he heard her cry. He didn't want it to end like this "Just tell me where I can pick you up!"
    "I don't think it's a good idea" he complained loudly, which made MC shout his name louder through the phone ", they say there's a dangerous criminal in your area. Don't risk leaving your house."
    "I don't care! You are more important!"
     It broke his heart to hear her scream like that. He truly felt important in her life, just as she did in his.
    "MC..." and he could hardly breathe. His eyes couldn't stay open that long. Even that imagined image of MC in front of him was beginning to fade "I love you..."
     He dropped his hand, exhausted. Only the sound of MC's screams could be heard.
    "Jake! Jake please! Answer to me! Jake!"
     And, with those desperate cries, he let out his last breath.