Goodbye first and sad love

JAKE POV

     I have been having a stressful few weeks. I try to do my final project to be able to raise my grade, I know I do not need it, but if I want them to give me the degree after having obtained the scholarship, I cannot let anyone down.
     Although saying that this work is a bit of a cover for what I am trying to find out. In my work I came to see something strange in security and now I try with the excuse of writing about banned books about serial killers, research in places where no one can get them legally.

     And not only was I am stress about that, knowing it was taking a risk, but there was also my relationship with Katherine. Lately I did not feel the same as I did at the beginning and she always tried to lead the way for both of us, as if my opinion did not matter.
     I want to think that it is because she is still affected, she even refused to go to the psychologist when she should have gone. According to her, she is perfectly fine, but...
---------------------------------------------------------

Katherine
Who were you with the other night?
I was calling you
I know I told you I'd be busy on this trip, but being here makes me nervous that you won't talk to me
And even more so because I still remember how that girl gave you her number, I'm worried that she'll try to overwhelm you
Please call me before you go to sleep
Jake?
Jacky?
Love, come on, answer!
I'm getting worried!

---------------------------------------------------------

     I look at her messages. A few minutes before sending them to me, I had told her that I was going out with some friends, the usual ones. But she always wants to know who was there. Right now she is in France, without having to worry about being on the list for 'The Vigilant' to hire her in the future. The contacts of her mother and her teacher have caused her to be involved without anyone knowing, is what she told me. And... I felt bad knowing it. She knows how hard I try to study and that her classmates try to win it over, but she told me that it was okay.
     Since then, it is like she is become more selfish or maybe it is just that after two years, I see what the real Katherine is like.

    I lean back in my chair, tired. I spoke to her this morning and I had to explain that I was late and tired. Her response? Than having sent a message when I got home. When Al and I got home, I jumped right into my bed. I did not change my clothes until I got up and took a shower.

    My cell phone rings and I answer when I see that the secretary is calling. 

   "Hello?" I ask, pinching the bridge of my nose, tired.

   "Good morning Jake, we have a problem with one of the computers," says the secretary woman on the other end of the line. "and the computer science teacher told me to contact you because he has a teachers' meeting."

   "Sure, I am going right now."

     I say goodbye and put my cell phone away. At least this will clear my mind a little.
     I turn off the library computer and get up, grabbing my backpack from the chair.

     When I get to the computer room, I see a blonde girl complaining and typing furiously. If she keeps this up she is going to break it.
     I approach her and look over her head. Well... I do not have to stand on tiptoe either because she is shorter than me.

   "Problems with the computer?" I say finally.

     I watch her jump on the spot, like a frightened rabbit. Maybe I should have knocked on the door, but since it was open...
     She turns around and looks at me. Is something wrong with her?
     Although to tell the truth, her face is familiar to me, but I cannot figure out where, but if she studies here, it must have been in the hallways.
     Yes, that has to be the reason, how else can I know her? It is not like I hang out with a lot of girls.