One: The Storm/Prologue

Hey! I just wanted to note a few things before you start reading. First, I just wanted to thank you for choosing to read my Toilet-bound Hanako-kun fanfiction. This takes place with Yashiro in middle school first, then to high school. Also, this is my first story so there may be some issues with it, sorry. Please enjoy!

"Huh," a girl with creamy colored hair with sea foam tips in a school uniform started, "Looks like rain." She pulled out an umbrella as she walked out the doors of her middle school. "Wonder if my mom is home today," she thought out loud. As she walked to the front of her house, she peeked through the window and rushed inside with a happy grin.

"Mom!" She cried and tackled her into a hug.

"Nene?!" Her mom asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

"Where have you been, mom?" Nene asked.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that you leave immediately and never come back," Nene's mom whisper-shouted.

"Huh?" Nene asked confused.

"Nene Yashiro, I will not say this again," her mom said as she gave Yashiro bags full of her stuff and money. "Take this too," her mom said giving Yashiro a keychain.

"H-hang on mom, what's going on?" Yashiro asked now worried.

"NENE!!!" A man's voice shouted, "NENE, YOU COME HERE RIGHT NOW!!!"

"Da~" Yashiro was cut off by her mom covering her mouth.

"Nene, you have to go. I will handle your dad," her mom said.

"But~" Yashiro was cut off again.

"Nene, please. I'm doing this because I love you," Her mom planted a kiss on her forehead and pushed her out the door. "Remember Nene, your star is out there somewhere, and it's not me. Embrace that star when you find it, they will love you more than you will ever know," her mom said as the door shut.

Yashiro stared blankly into nothing as she heard a gunshot. She ran away in the rain as hot tears ran down her face.

°•°•°Time skip: 1 year•°•°•

Yashiro was on her way to Kamome Academy as a first year in high school. She lived about 15 minutes away from the school in her apartment, so she had to get up early. It was rainy and Yashiro didn't have an umbrella. She used her bag as a substitute. Then Yashiro saw a boy in the corner of her eyes as he came up to a crosswalk beside her. He had black colored hair with a choppy cut and big, round, amber eyes. Stop staring Nene, Yashiro thought to herself. Then the boy caught her staring and stared back at her. Yashiro quickly turned the other direction flustered. The boy chuckled.

"What's so funny," Yashiro mumbled loud enough for him to hear. He got a bit flustered too.

"N-Nothing," he said, "i-it's just the way you... uhm."

Yashiro looked back to the boy. She smiled as he stuttered. She giggled too.

"I'm Yashiro Nene," she said as she was getting drenched from the rain even with the bag. The boy stared for a moment and smiled.

"Yugi Amane," he said. Amane came closer to Yashiro and put his umbrella over her.

"O-Oh, y-you don't have t-to do that," Yashiro protested as she pushed the umbrella back to him.

Amane smirked. "Well, I'm not gonna let you get all drenched." He put the umbrella over both of them instead. "Better?"

Yashiro stared up with her magenta eyes and then to him. She smiled sweetly and thanked him. Then they walked into Kamome Academy.