cherry blossoms and one-night stands

saturday, april 12

saturday, april 12

━***━

a/n if you haven't already, read the descriptions from the last chapter so the locations/characters make more sense. but basically jeno lives on campus at somang prep but also has a house in somang-gu (the nearby city) that he stays in sometimes or throws parties at. thank you for reading love you <33

Lee Jeno: 

On a Saturday morning in his house in Somang-gu, Jeno wakes up to the sounds of soft laughter. When he opens his eyes he's met with a facefull of dark, disheveled hair. He blinks profusely, focusing his gaze on the unknown girl next to him. Who is she? How good was it last night for her to be giggling in her sleep? He sighs. 

When he finally recognizes her, he groans inwardly. It's the clingy girl who has been trying to hook-up with me for weeks...

Now fully awake and leaning against his headrest, he receives a text message from his dad: "Meeting with Ms. Kim in 15 minutes. You haven't forgotten, have you?"

"Fuck," he whispers, as he hastily gets out of bed, trying to find something suitable to wear.

He tries to shake her awake. "Please wake up. You have to go. I'm already late." He glances at his watch: 6 minutes left. Dad's going to kill me. 

"Okay. I guess you can stay here..." he says, after the girl shows no sign of waking up.

He tries to leave, but she grips his arm, murmuring, "Please don't leave me..."

"I'm sorry... I have to leave," he replies. 

As he approaches the door, she cries, "Get back here you asshole!"

"That's all you have to say to me? 'You have to go?'" she asks. 

She jumps out of bed to face him. "Here I was thinking we had a good time, but you're a douchebag like everyone says you are."

Jeno scratches his head, unable to meet the girl's eyes. "Do you want me to give you a ride?" 

She lets out a heavy sigh, before slapping Jeno in the face and sprinting out the door. Jeno feels guilty for all of 5 seconds until he realizes that he is so late and so screwed.

The brunch meeting goes as expected. Jeno's dad covers for him being late, saying, "This poor kid has been so busy with homework. You know how it is at Somang Prep."

Jeno's dad introduces him to a businesswoman, Ms. Kim, hoping to secure Jeno an internship this summer. But between all the adults' banters about recent business and political news, Jeno feels dumb and out of place.