CHAPTER 3

The concert ended and Taehyun dashed out of there, trying to blend in the crowd and ditch Kai.

He didn't enjoy the show.

He do appreciate the songs but he's a very picky person. He doesn't like the band itself.

As he was on his phone, walking home, he spotted someone, walking alone too.

"Is that.. Beomgyu..?" He whispered to himself before crossing the street.

He place his phone in his pocket and walked behind Beomgyu.

Silence grew and footsteps can only be heard. Taehyun just analyzed Beomgyu's footsteps while Beomgyu didn't even seem to notice that someone is following him due to the synchronization of their movements.

Taehyun then cleared his throat which made Beomgyu stop and turn.

"Uh, can I help you?" He asked, squinting his eyes.

"Hi." Taehyun said, out of his control.

"Hi?" Beomgyu said back, slowly stepping back. "Aren't you the guy from earlier?"

Taehyun nodded, "Yeah. I am."

Beomgyu nodded, after the clarification then suspected Taehyun. "Why are you following me?"

Taehyun's eyes widened to the sudden question. "Oh, no. I'm not following you. I just happen to have the same path as you." He said.

"This is a shortcut." Beomgyu said.

"Well, I know the shortcut." Taehyun chuckled.

Beomgyu didn't seem to get that. He is still suspecting Taehyun. "Uh.. okay. Can I go now?"

"Wait-" Taehyun stop Beomgyu. He then turned to look at Taehyun again, waiting for him to talk.

"Um.. you're Beomgyu, right?"

"...Yes?"

Taehyun smiled in relief. "Hi Beomgyu, I'm-"

"Beomgyu!" Someone shouted from afar.

It's Yeonjun.

Suddenly, Taehyun lost his mood. His soft gaze suddenly turned into a furrowed brow and his eyes were mad.

Yeonjun ran towards Beomgyu. "Beomgyu, I have been looking for you. Why did you ditch me like that?" He said, pouting.

"I did not ditch you, I told you I am going.... somewhere."

"Well, you should've told me. I wouldn't want you walking alone in a quiet place."

Beomgyu shakes his head. "No, I'm fine."

"Alright, let's go." Yeonjun nodded before holding Beomgyu's hands and walking away without even minding Taehyun.

That kinda relieved Taehyun, though. He don't want to speak to Yeonjun.

But that holding hand seemed to confuse Taehyun.

Are they together? He thought.

He was about to introduce himself to Beomgyu but Yeonjun has to always be there and ruin everything. But why?

Why did he want to introduce himself to Beomgyu?

That was so not him.

"Ugh, why did I do that?" He said to himself.

He is guaranteed he hates Beomgyu, ever since what happened to the hotel.

But why does he care?

— —

"I'm home!" Taehyun shouted, slowly untying his shoes as he looked around after hearing no response from Soobin.

"Soobin-hyung?" He asked, leaving his shoes behind.

It's so quiet.

"I guess he left." He said to himself then hops himself to the couch. He picks up his phone and scrolled through the notifications he have.

Soobin:
Taehyun,
I have to go and pick up Kai because he told me you left him alone. I will be home late.

— —

Kai:
Hey >:(
You're so mean,
I looked for you everywhere and you left me.

— —

Although Taehyun felt bad, he hasn't felt this much peace in his life. He's sorry for ditching Huening Kai but after all, it gave Kai and Soobin some closure, right?

They needed to be closer.

He gave them a favor.

Taehyun then stood up and went to his bedroom as he plops himself to his bed,

thinking about Beomgyu.

"Why.." He mumbled.

"Why do I feel like this?" He asked himself.

He grabbed his phone again, in disbelief.

What is this? What is he feeling? Why is he feeling like this? Does he really hate Beomgyu?

— —

— —

author's note :
taehyun is literally me when beomgyu 🥰