Chapter 8

"Well, I'll go get Ashlee, but make yourself comfortable," Gigi says and gets up. Cody's already upstairs. I check my texts and I have like 10 texts. All from mom saying, 'Are you okay?' 'Text me if you need anything' 'are you having fun?' 'Miss you😢' 'Les? Are you okay?' 'The photoshoot should be done in an hour. Have fun!'

I smile from reading her texts. Mom is the sweetest person ever, and I'm so glad I got adopted by her. I texted back, 'I'm fine. I just don't think that Ashlee likes me', and she replies with, 'of course she does! You're so sweet!'

If only she knew. When I look up I see Ashlee with a sour look on her face. "Hi. I'm Ashlee." I clear my throat. "I'm Leslie. Nice to meet you," I say.

After that we are forced to watch TV and 'bond with each other' for half an hour, and she chooses Keeping Up With The Kardashians. "Are you on TV in any of the episodes?" She asks me. I shake my head. She smiles. "That's okay. I'm not on any TV shows or on any celebrity news channel. I barely have 1k Twitter followers," she admits.

We talk about the paparazzi, our favorite songs, and what it feels like having a famous person as a mother. We talk until the doorbell rings. Gigi opens it, and mom is standing there. I run to the door and hug her. "I missed you so much Les! Next time I'm bringing you with me," she says after she kissed my forehead.