SUMMARY OF SEASON 1

Here is a catch-up for the rest of season 1 and season two

When even Minkus was stumped by their failure to circulate the petition Topanga had previously tried to show him to save the librarian, Tony realised that he had hurt topangas feelings so he tried to help her by adding his own creative input to the cause.

Almost late due to his yet another attempt to rectify his disastrous hairdo, Cory arrived in the school hallway, just before the final bell on Friday, Tony had asked for Shawn and his help but Shawn had forgotten leaving only Tony and Cory to hatch their scheme to get the other kids involved in Mrs. Rosemead's release. Although earlier she had managed to maintain her composure, not even Topanga could stop herself from giggling along with the rest when they beheld the bizarre mane atop Cory's head. Together, the six handcuffed themselves to each other and formed a human chain across opposite lockers to block the primary path to the school buses. When the other students arrived, seeking to head home for the weekend, Cory stated that they would not move unless the crowd agreed to support Mrs. Rosemead. The determined stance of the little group, plus the fact that a new librarian would see through any feeble excuses the kids could conceive, reluctantly convinced their other classmates, and they all agreed to sign the petition. After Cory and the others had left, a still handcuffed together Tony and Topanga remained in the hall, discussing what they had accomplished. Tony noticed Topanga staring at him after she noted that "sometimes the most reluctant warrior is the bravest warrior." Suddenly nervous, Tony jokingly asked, "You're not gonna, like, kiss me now, are you?" Topanga then replied with, "It depends. Would it be your first kiss?"
"Other girls have tried to kiss me but I always ran away" Tony answered flushed as he had recently developed a bit of a crush on her. Topanga continued by telling Tony it would be funny if for his whole life he would recall his first kiss as happening when he thought he looked weird, because then he would realize that it's not what matters on the outside but rather on the inside. A very shocked Tony, now nervous but also excited, "Do you even like me like that?" Topanga however didn't answer the question and she abruptly pinned Tony against the lockers and kissed him. "Would I do it if I didn't?" She asked a she walked away

Yet again leaving Tony flustered by the lockers

On Monday at lunch, Cory resumed his normal existence after Shawn and Tony helped with his hair, gently declining sitting with Topanga, Minkus, and the rest.For Tony however he had been a right mess, anytime he would try and talk or look at Topanga he would turn beetroot red and just stare at her. He took a deep breath and turned around to see topanga also staring at him. They both shared a smile as Tony turned around to see his entire friends group laughing at him. He hit them all in the heads shutting them up. That simple, yet touching, moment was significant to both Tony and Topanga, as it was definite evidence proving that, while their relationship had merely thawed from completely frozen solid to a small melting trickle, the floodgates were now most definitely open.

After that first kiss, Tony and Topanga's relationship subtly changed.