To the end of the world

It had been two days and Ominis and I did not see each other. It was a strange thing walking into the common room that should've been empty - but of all people already back from their holidays, there was Imelda and I did not know how to behave when being close to her. So Ominis walked up to her and I cowardly escaped the room to go back to my dormitory.

After Imelda and Ominis catched up, she gave me the silent treatment. I wasn't sure what Ominis had told her and I could not ask him, since after our arrival at Hogwarts I did not see him. Not in the common room, nor at the Great Hall. It was a strange thing since we slept and ate in the same areas. I just had to guess and hope he was alright. Not seeing him and having no one to talk to - as my other dorm mates were still at home - it gave me restless nights. Ominis and I had left Hogwarts on such a strange note that now not communicating made me feel insecure about what was going to happen next. Why was Imelda not talking to me, and had it something to do with the Gaunts and her parents as well? Were they upset with me instead of Ominis? Should I have not invited him with me?
Next to my thoughts that kept me awake, I really needed Ominis close. Him secure arms around me. I needed him to tell me it was all alright and the past few days were not a dream...

It was on a Monday morning when Sebastian had returned from home that made my life less silent and awkward before lessons got back on track. I was reading the Daily Prophet, alone and not in the mood to go eat breakfast at the Great Hall, when he entered the Common Room. He looked like just returned from a holiday spent on the beach - his skin was tanned and he actually seemed like more rested compared to how exhausted he always looked the past couple of years. I gave him a weak smile before I'd put down the Daily Prophet and jumped up to greet him.

'Well hello there!' he said, more excited than I deserved. I spread my arms to let him into a tight hug. I was still holding him as I inspected him from head to toes. He smelled like fresh daisies and looked like he had combed his hair. It must've been a good week.

'Hello to you. You look great, how was your week?' He gave me another smile before I'd let him go and we both sat down at my spot where I had been sitting.
'My week was great, I went back to Feldcroft and catched up with Anne.' My heart jumped by hearing her name, as she and I also did not speak. 'No way! How is she?'
'She is doing much better, she has been taking medicines that make her feel stronger. We actually had a great time.'
My heart felt like it could explode with happiness and relief, but then I looked back at Sebastian's face and felt my stomach ache. Something felt off about the way he smiled - as if his eyes were not smiling along. But for the sake of seeing my friend happier than he had been the past few years, I kept on going.
'That is so great to hear, I am so glad!' Sebastian nodded before he suddenly gave me a little package.
'She asked me to give this to you.'

I looked down at my hand, holding a small package wrapped in brown paper. Its wrapping was tightened with a string.
'Oh,' was all I could say for a moment, inspecting the package when twisting it around between my fingers. It felt strange receiving a package from someone I had not spoken to in maybe a year. Sebastian must've read something that was on my face, because he said; 'It is a necklace. She found it in my mothers possessions and wanted to give it to you, as a token of your friendship. Now that she is feeling better she hopes to get things back to how they were.'
I looked up at him, smiling half. But his eyes looked sincere, and I believed him. 'She also asked if you wanted to meet up this weekend. She'll be in Feldcroft and maybe we can travel together there by broom?' He looked hopeful and I widened my smile. Seeing Anne after such a long time... It gave me joy, knowing my friend was getting better and wanting to see me after all this time. But I couldn't help but feel a little... off.
I gave him a slight nod and a relieved Sebastian leaned back into the chair when I opened the package. The silver necklace was very petite, having a tiny pendant with a small emerald stone in it. It must've been made by fine hands because already between my fingers it felt very fragile. 'It is beautiful, you are sure it's mine to have?' He just nodded, taking the jewelry from my hands to help me get it on.
'I believe it is a real emerald, Anne thought it would look fantastic on you.'
I smiled. 'I can't wait to see her.' But then it made me think. 'Why couldn't she give it to me personally when we meet up this weekend?' Sebastian stopped moving his hands behind my back for a second, as if he hesitated to put the necklace on me.
'She wasn't sure if you'd want to see her.' I heard the lock of the necklace click and I turned around to face him. 'Nonsense. I miss Anne.' he sighed, nodding. 'Me too. The necklace looks indeed stunning by the way. It is small enough to keep it on at all times.' I laughed and we both stood up to head to class. 'Now, tell me about your week. I heard some interesting things while I was away...'