memories of the past

Please take note that the main tags of this story is horror-fantasy, murder mystery! 

The Marcier Boarding School

The Marcier Boarding School was more than two hours' drive away from the city. The sound of the radio was buzzing in the background as Jeno listened to the news about a drop in temperature that was fast approaching. They had passed through towns and a gas station.

The Marcier Boarding School was built on private grounds that was finally built into a school. Jeno brought the car into a halt when the gates of the entrance came into view. They were ajar, Jeno guessing that he wasn't the first to arrive. After pushing the gates open, he drove the car straight to the front of the school to see that Haechan was already standing in front, having a cigarette.

When he saw the car approaching, he threw the cigarette to the ground, coughing. He waved a hand in front of his face, noticing that Jeno was not alone.

"Uncle Haechan!" Elliot yelled out loud, hopping down from the car and running towards his favorite uncle. "Liz, Patricia, look! It's Uncle Haechan!"

"We see," Liz said, looking around glumly. "Is there a library here?"

"Don't ask me why I brought them," Jeno said.

"Your wife," Haechan said, as if to tell him he didn't need to explain. "So instead of bringing Sally, your real daughter, you brought Kim Patricia? Doyoung's daughter?"

Jeno explained that the night before, Sally had gone down with a fever. She was now with her grandparents (Bunny's parents), and they were more than happy to nurse her back to health while Jeno, Bunny, Liz, and Elliot went for their 'vacation'.

When they sent over Sally, however, right in the Kim's house was Doyoung's daughter. Kim Patricia, for a seven-year-old, had her lips painted bright red and her nails colored to a sunny yellow. She had luscious long hair, a pretty face, and a cheerful yet bratty personality.

"Auntie Bunny!" she exclaimed, twirling in her sun dress. She reminded Jeno of Bunny when she was younger. "You're so preetz! Where are we going?"

"Sorry?" Jeno asked.

Turns out, when Bunny told her parents that they were going for vacation, they had insisted they bring Kim Patricia because she was simply... insufferable.

Patricia, the girly girl. Elliot, the chaotic villain. Liz, the snarky scientist.

Jeno was sure it would be quite a 'vacation'.

They stood in in front of the Marcier Boarding School, Jeno raising his eyes at Haechan as if to say that he saw that cigarette. Haechan gave him a sheepish smile.

"I'm trying to quit," Haechan said. "Woah, buddy. Do you know where we are?"

Elliot had zoomed straight to Haechan, his small plane in his hands as he attacked his uncle with a hug.