the lady with no arms

A/N This chapter is the start of their investigative story, the basic past of the year 2000's! Added visuals so it's easier.

Thank you for reading! Do subscribe and comment. Sending love xoxo

Mark stared at the tape, a million thoughts running through his mind as he held it

Mark stared at the tape, a million thoughts running through his mind as he held it. He had no idea what was going on with the house, or if finding his brother's death tape was good, but he knew one thing.

He needed answers.

That was why Mark Lee bolted out the room and straight to the clock tower.

"Mark!" Jeno yelled, turning around to follow his friend. "Ah, fuck. Why does he always do this?"

With one look at the empty closet, he sped through the halls after his friend who didn't seem to be listening to anything other than his own heart. Mark's feet thudded heavily against the wood of the floorboards as the door to the bridge leading to the clock tower came into view.

"Mark!" Jeno called out again.

Jeno knew what Mark was thinking. He could tell just by seeing his expression, but Jeno also knew that any type of obsession wasn't good for someone like Mark. Mark was the type to fall down the rabbit hole. He was the type to have dark thoughts and spiral.

Mark never listened to anyone in his life. Haechan still took people's advice into account, but ultimately, he made his own decision. Mark did not listen to logic, and Jeno was sure he never will. It was just the way he was.

"Mark!"

Mark stood by the clock tower, holding his brother's tape in the air as if it was some secret key to unlocking a memory. He waved it aggressively, Jeno seeing frustration start to show in his features.

Jeno sighed. "I think we need to wait for midnight."

When Jeno spoke, Mark's hand dropped to his side, his fingers clasped tightly over the tape.

"Mark... I," Jeno began. "I don't think this is good for us," he paused. "I don't think this is good for you."

Mark had his back to Jeno, the male with his head hanging low. He wanted to fling the tape far, far away but a part of him wanted to protect it with his life. Mark turned back to see Jeno catching his breath.

"Let's go home," Jeno said, Mark shaking his head. "Mark, I'm serious. Let's put all this behind us. We don't know what's happening here! I think I'm losing my mind. My niece insists there is a maid! You... You're going to find a way to destroy yourself over your brother's death that happened years ago!"

Jeno's voice echoed loudly, the male stepping closer to his friend. He was worried about Mark's mental state more than anything else when there was a sound, both of them looking behind them to see Haechan and Bunny with the kids.