The Snitch Who Got Stitched

A/N - Upvote and comment! This chapter are the Easter Eggs for the chapters to come. I hope you enjoy! sending love xoxo 

The stench had proved itself to be more unbearable as time went by

The stench had proved itself to be more unbearable as time went by. Haechan felt the contents of his stomach empty with the sight of the dead body. He was never weak when it came to blood and gore, but to see a corpse right in front of him right there.... In front of him.

Haechan shuddered at the fact that they were standing above the corpse the first day they were there. Mark's knees were weak, but before he could wrap his head around the situation in front of him, the door flew open and Jeno strode in.

"Hey, Bunny said that dinner is—" Jeno's legs were brought to the stop, feeling the tension in the air, his face churning into a grimace. "What is that smell?"

He didn't have to ask because the silence made him go closer to his friends just for his eyes to settle on the very dead, very blue dress turning green dead body on the ground.

"Holy moly, what the fuck?" Jeno was shocked, the male's hand reaching to balance himself right beside Mark Lee. "Holy moly! What the f—"

"I know. We know. We don't... Blurghh," Haechan began, his face white and lips pale before turning around once more for another round of puking. "It's her. It's The Woman in The Blue Dress."

A pause, Haechan turning around and wiping his lips with the back of his hand.

"We need to leave," Haechan said. "This is... This is dangerous. We need to evacuate and leave."

"No," Jeno and Mark chorused, Haechan looking at Jeno with a frown.

"Did you just say no?" Haechan asked. At first, Jeno wanted to leave. What had changed? "Jeno, if you want to stay for the money, I can lend you some."

"No," Jeno emphasized. Even if it was about the money, Jeno couldn't admit to it due to his pride. "It's not about the money, it's about Mark."

"What if the answer is right in front of us? What if this brings us closer to the answer?"

"This is different!" Haechan insisted. "This is a dead body."

"Haechan," Jeno started, taking big strides towards the flag compartment. The woman's eyes were open and Jeno felt as if she was staring straight at him, the sour smell of acid reaching his nostrils. It was putrid. "She's already dead."

"You can't be kidding me... Jeno. This seems like something to tell the police!" Haechan exclaimed.

"If we tell the police, they close this place out. The police did nothing twenty-three years ago when the Golden Murders happened, what makes you think they'll do anything now?" Mark was beginning to panic that they would never be able to use his brother's video in the clock tower.

"Mark," Haechan tried to reason with him. "this is not something to take lightly. What do we tell Bunny? That there is a dead woman in the flag compartment in the town hall?"