Chapter 35

The Park's fashion show starts in an hour. Jimin struggles with his tie, while he tries to get a hold of Daphne. Constantly being sent to voicemail. He groans and yanks at his tie with frustration.

Tina enters his bedroom, seeing him struggle. She exhales, pity taking over as she takes his tie in her hands. "Daphne isn't answering any of my calls." Jimin says with annoyance and worry.

"How many times have you called her?" Tina asks, flipping the tie and looping it.

"About a dozen times." Jimin says with a heavy sigh.

Tina shakes her head, "You should've stopped after the second one. She's ignoring your calls for a reason." She says, tugging at his tie, pushing the knot up so it tightens.

"That's because she thinks I'm going to try and stop her." Jimin huffs and looks down at Tina. Tina reminds him of a mother. She's always taking care of him. Preparing meals and putting away his clothes. Even if it's her job, it still feels nice to have someone so caring.

Tina brushes off any dust from his shoulders, smiling gently, "Then prove that you support her." She lightly pats Jimin's cheek and leaves his room.

Jin enters as Tina leaves. He hurries inside, holding his phone out. He's aware that Daphne has something planned and that she has evidence of his abusive father. He's eager to find out what it is. He's been waiting for this day to happen. "The car is ready to go whenever you are."

Jimin turns and looks at himself in the mirror. His sharp black suit sticking comfortably. "Daphne would be at my side today, as my wife." He tugs at his cuffs, rotating his watch.

"She can still be your wife. We just have to deal with this first." Jin answers back, standing a few steps behind Jimin.

Jimin grins from the "we" Jin has always been by his side, doing what he's told. He'd even continue on doing things for him if Jimin stopped paying him. That's how loyal he was. But it bothers him that Jin spends most his time at his side. He wonders what Jin would be doing if they never met. "Do you regret it?"

Jin becomes confused by the random question. "What's there to regret?"

Jimin smiles, but it's unnoticeable as he hides the satisfaction. He looks at Jin through the mirror, "Becoming my assistant, and working with my father's company?"

Jin grins and places his arms behind his back, "As much as I hate your father, I'm happy that I chose to stay and keep you company when you had none."

Jimin turns to look at Jin, feeling guilty that Jin has wasted a good life on him. "You could be anywhere in the world right now. Married, with kids."

Jin snickers, "So that's what this is about." He looks up and sees that Jimin is serious. He sighs and nods, "You're right. I could be married with kids." Jimin narrows his eyes, guilt coming in like strong waves. "But no, I do not regret it."

Jimin wants to smile, but his chest aches. He's grateful to have a true friend at his side while his life crumbles beneath him. Jin sacrificed his future to keep Jimin company. All because he saw the scars on his back. He's been feeling alone for so long until Daphne. Not even realizing that he hasn't been alone at all. Tina. Jin. Taehyung. His mother. They all were there.

"Thank you, Jin." Jimin says as Jin begins to leave. Jin turns and makes a sincere smile before leaving. Jimin turns back to the mirror. He raises his chin and looks himself in the eyes. He searches for something, anything that'll push him to go up against his father. This is the day, and he needs to find it as soon as possible.
...................................................................................