2

You simply stood, almost in shock. Did she really say he was going to marry you? You never wanted an arranged marriage... let alone one with him! Your parents emerged from their thrones, walking over to the group of people, embracing them. Scaramouche kept eyeing you... almost curious.

"Welcome, Welcome!"

Your mother said, bowing to the Queen as your father did for the King. After a few minutes of small talk, your mother called you over, beckoning with her finger.

"Y/N! Come meet your lovely fiancé!"

You reluctantly walked over, unwanting to cause a scene. You tried to keep yourself from seething with anger, how could they force you to do something like this?! You walked over, trying your best to fake a smile, though it was obvious you were upset.

"Why hello...! Pleased to meet you again.."

You bowed to the Queen out of respect, and you could see Scaramouche looking down at you and almost smirking.

"The pleasure is mine! How about you go into the other room with Scaramouche while the adults talk?"

You agreed, the fake smile still plastered on your face. Scaramocuhe followed you to the other room, as the Kings and Queens resumed talking, walking over to a room commonly used for meetings. When the door shut behind you and Scaramocuhe, the smile on your face immediately became that of anger. You quickly turned around, looking at him.

"What kind of shit did you pull to get us married?! You knew I never wanted an arranged marriage!"

You used your arms as you spoke, almost flailing them around.

"Would you stop yelling? You're going to give me a migraine."

He said dismissively, as he sauntered over to a window, crossing his arms as he leaned on the stone framing, gazing out. After a second, he turned his head to face you.

"You act like I want this any more than you do."

He paused for a moment, turning his head back to be looking out the window. As you began walking over to him, he began to speak,

"It's not like I pulled any strings either..."

He leaned up off the window sill, dusting off his clothes. He crossed his arms and closed his as he said,

"This marriage is purely for political gain. Now that our kingdoms are at peace, they want to bind our people with a marriage."

You knew he was right. The war between the kingdom of Inazuma and Snezhnaya was finally over, but you didn't expect it to end like this.

"Are you seriously okay with this? How could you be okay with something as large as a marriage?!"

He sighed, opening his eyes as he gave you a cold look.

"Because I'm not stupid. Unlike you, I know how to comply."

You seethed at his words. An arranged marriage was the last thing you wanted, it felt like your freedom was being ripped away from you. You stormed out of the room, and angrily marched through the castle until you were back at your bedroom. You angrily locked the door, marching over to the large chair you once sat in this morning. You sat down, looking back out the window. You knew it would happen, no matter how much you opposed.

Hours later

You heard a knock on your door.

"Hello?"

It was the servant that had previously woken you up, you walked over to the door, unlocking then opening it.

"Yeah? Do you need something?"

You asked, a slight bit of anger still left in your voice.

"The King and Queen request you get ready for a feast tonight."

"Oh... thank you for informing me..."

You began to close the door, waving goodbye to the servant. You sighed as the door shut. You came to the conclusion the marriage was going to be an issue for future you, and decided to focus on getting ready for the feast. You sat down as you did before at your vanity, You took a perfume bottle, it was smooth and cold to the touch. You sprayed a small amount on yourself, appreciating the scent.

45 minutes later

You heard a knock at your door again, signaling you to come down to the banquet hall. You opened your door and began walking through the castle, soon arriving.
—————————————————————————
-End of chapter-
I have pssas today and tmr 😭😭
717 words