v. standing in a nice dress and staring at the sunset

𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ——— pleasing a storm
standing in a nice dress and staring at the sunset ——— 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

         EVERY SINGLE DAY STARTED THE SAME WAY. I would get up in the morning to go to work while listening to my mother's constant complaints. After listening to how bad I was, I would go to work. Recently, more tourists have arrived, which made me very happy, because any extra money was very welcome to me. Except for the fact that I checked my phone an average of fifteen times an hour while sitting at work, which started to attract my boss' attention, and every time the bell above the door rang, I rushed to see who had come in. But it was never that asshole Cameron. As I walked home from work that evening, I looked around carefully for a familiar motorcycle or a car that was too expensive for this area, but since I last saw Rafe, he had not appeared on this side of the island.

Days went by and that asshole gave no sign of life. What was he thinking? Not only would he get paid for nothing, but his friends would stop laughing at him because he would stop being a loser by finally getting a pretty girl interested in him. Just for my own benefit, but it's always something, right? He should be grateful, and he seems to have gotten so stoned that he forgot to speak up.

I was starting to lose hope that he would do it at all. I felt like I had less and less time to move out of the house. What if Rafe doesn't want to make this arrangement after all? That would ruin all my plans and dreams. Although...maybe there would be another rich boy who would be more willing to pretend to be my boyfriend in front of the entire Figure Eight. After all, Rafe isn't the only one who means something, is he? One thing's for sure — I can't stay here any longer, it's not an option. I'd rather drown in the ocean than spend another year with my sick mother.

I rubbed my eyes and slowly rolled out of bed, looking for a pack of cigarettes. When I found them, I sat down on the windowsill and stuck my head out of the open window. The sun was unusually warm today, and I didn't want to spend such a day in my sad four walls. I closed my eyes for a moment and put a cigarette to my lips when an unexpected doorbell interrupted my bittersweet moment. I furrowed my brow, wondering who had disturbed my peace this time. My first thought was the pogues, but then again... I didn't know if they wanted a confrontation with my mother. They knew what she was like, but she put on a mask in the company of others, thinking that no one would know what she was really like. But she was very wrong.

With a huge sigh, I put out my cigarette and walked to the front door. Just as I was about to reach for the doorknob, I felt an incomprehensible fear pierce through my chest.

What if it was Rafe? I shook my head at this silly thought.

When I heard another ring, I finally decided to open the door. To my surprise, I saw a delivery manon the other side with a package in his hands.