Chapter One: A Lovely Bar

A misty dark night in the city, peaceful but seemed creepy, citizens walk back home after long and tiring work shifts. Some were afraid and just speed walked as the city was under the threat of multiple villains, it was never safe, even in the bright day. Although, the only hope in the city is mighty heroes as they patrol from the roofs at night. Sounds like a clique story, right?

     A boy steps into an alley, he wore a fabric mask on his eyes, it is a split colour of red and blue. They wore a costume which had a rather interesting but odd design, their black gloves had the initials "N" and "S" while their costume also splits the colour of red and blue; the colours were soft though, it was pleasing to the eye.

     They wore a black vest with the costume and their belt was black too, they seem to also wear black baggy leather jeans. This was Magnet, a sidekick, the youngest in the hero society although they kept their identity secret to those who aren't heroes like him. He sees a hanging sign in the alleyway which leads to a door, "Irwin's Bar: Place for Drinks and Laughs" The sign said. Magnet sighs as they look at the paper, "This must be the place..." There was an uncomfortable silence before Magnet opened the door nervously. It was a very secretive place although they can see heroes sitting at tables, chugging drinks and cackling with one another. Strange, why do heroes come here? Magnet sits on the bar stool and is greeted by a man that looks to be in his 50's. "Hello, Magnet. I didn't expect you to come here." He smiled.

     Magnet stuttered, "O-Oh?"

     The man chuckled as he was wiping a glass with a towel, "Call me Irwin, owner of this bar. Don't be afraid, everyone is safe here."

     Magnet looks around to all the heroes that came here; they felt a bit confused still to why this is the only bar they will go to. Irwin speaks up, "What do you want? I have alcohol, sodas, juices.. You don't seem to be at the legal age to drink though." Magnet slowly nods as he looks down at the table, despite being a hero, they were terrible with conversation.

     Magnet slowly nods as he looks down at the table, despite being a hero, they were terrible with conversation. "W-What even is this bar..?" Magnet quietly asked. 

     Irwin smiles as he places the empty glass down, "It's a safe space, for both heroes and villains. All I ask is to keep it a fight free zone."

     "Wait.. Heroes and villains-!?"

     Suddenly, the door slams open. The person who came made Magnet's eyes widen. Sir Raven, the city's most dangerous villain; the most powerful one. Magnet accidentally falls from their seat as Sir Raven goes to sit down a few chairs away.

     "S-Sir Raven!? W-What!?" Magnet panics. Sir Raven always wore a cloak and had dark hair and a bird-like mask that covers his eyes, which leaves his mouth visible, his suit is made out of leather and has a belt which carries weapons. He is a tall figure and has an intimidating look, which is how he likes it.

Irwin places a glass cup down and pours some whiskey to it. "The usual, Sir." Irwin smiles. The villain grins and takes the cup, "You always know."

Magnet blinks and looks at Irwin, "U-Usual!? He comes here everyday?"

Sir Raven speaks in a sinister tone, "Yes, I do." He looks at Magnet up and down.

     Magnet looks at all the heroes in the bar, it's like they don't even know this powerful villain. Sir Raven laughs as he looks at Magnet with amusement. "Relax, Junior. I won't hurt anyone.. At least when I'm in this bar." He sips his glass, "Stop panicking so much, as Irwin said, this bar is a safe place for both heroes and villains."

     "W-Why isn't anyone fighting each other, I thought you villains love breaking the rules." Magnet stuttered.

     Sir Raven shrugs, "Irwin is old, we would feel bad if we have him deal with our sh*t."