𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿: 𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚜

The voice repeatedly rang in her ears as she jerked awake, breathing heavily through her dry mouth. It was the same nightmare again... 

She deeply exhaled, barely remembering last night. It was a blurry haze but she remembered his embrace. She was safe and sound in his arms, her head resting on his chest as her legs wrapped around his.

She glanced at him, distracting herself from the haunting memories of her nightmare as she placed a finger on his forehead, delicately tracing it along his features. She smiled at the mere fact that this is all hers.

Staying that way for a moment before adjusting their blanket, she carefully placed a soft peck on his collarbone, shutting her heavy eyelids and falling back asleep...

...

The warm rays of sunlight seeped through the curtains, slowly waking her up with the increasing heat. She kicked the blanket, stretching with her arms above her head only to find the bed empty. Where did he go?

Sitting up, she looked out through the gap of the curtains and immediately glanced at the bedside clock: 11:03 a.m. She had slept in, and she liked it with no regrets.

After freshening up, she strolled into the kitchen upon hearing some clinking noises.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He hesitantly voiced out, putting his phone down.

"Who was that?" She questioned, halting at the island counter.

"No one." He shrugged, "Give me a little time. Breakfast's almost ready."

She nodded, looking at the vegetables and ingredients. "What are you cooking?"

"Today's special." He blew on a spoon with soup, offering it to her. "How's it?"

Slurping it, she closed her eyes with satisfaction, "Best as always."

"Glad you like it." He smiled as she hugged him from behind, placing a kiss on his shoulder. "You can go seat yourself, I'll bring the food."

"I wanna help." She let go, forcing him to look at her, "I'm staying in the kitchen."

He thought for a moment, narrowing his eyes. "You can stay here." He inched closer to her, "But don't help me." He grabbed her waist, lifting her up as he seated her on the granite top with both his hands positioned on her either side.

"I have so much planned today." He whispered, leaning in closer as their foreheads touched, "You have no idea."

• • •

"Isn't it too hot?" She looked up at the sky, blocking the scorching rays with her hand, squinting her eyes. "Are you sure you don't want to sit inside?"

"It's too crowded." He sat in an empty chain under the shade. "But we can if you'd like to."

She shook her head with a smile, walking towards the café entrance.

The bell jingled as the warm ambience filled her with a sudden sense of comfort. The strong scent of ground coffee mixed with the crisp of freshly baked bread embraced her presence.

"Good to finally see you, Y/N." A hurried voice exclaimed from behind the counter, "It's been so long."

"Sorry, Yumin." She replied with an embarrassed smile, leaning across. "Been kind of busy."

Yumin looked up from her scurrying action of preparing the drinks, holding Y/N's gaze for a second.

"I understand." She offered a warm smile, sweeping the strands of her sapphire blonde hair behind her ear, "Just give me a moment, I'll be right back."