°•Secrets and problems•°

Y/n POV:

Three years have passed since that incident. Now, I am 16 years old and in high school.

Life, you ask, has been difficult. A condition like mine can never make me live a normal life.

If someone I know were to walk past me, I won't be able to recognise that person.

You might ask why I don't tell others about my condition.
I can't because this condition of mine can become my weakness.

My father was from the Kang family, a family reputable for their large-scale business, and my father was the only heir.

So think, if this heir was to marry a normal girl, my mother, oppositions would rise.

When my father died, although we didn't get our shares but that still doesn't mean that I am not the heir.

I am the one, Kang Y/n who would lead the Kang family in the future.

No matter how much my grandfather despises my mother but he still can not dispute my lineage.

After all blood runs thicker than water. The only reason why he is holding out is because he can not let the company fall into the hands of that evil woman, my aunt.

I need to keep my secret until I become the head of the company.

If we talk about my mother, I can't tell her cause things would get awkward, and she has already gone through so much.

Mom: Y/n, can you come downstairs for a moment.

I was snapped out of my thoughts. I replied, "Yes," with a shout.

I arrived downstairs and took a seat beside my mother.

Me: What happened. Is there something you want to talk about.

I looked at your her. She was wearing a flower patterned dress that made her look elegant.

Me: Is that a new dress?

Mom: Yes. Wait.. how did you know. Wow, you just tend to notice the smallest changes. Most children don't even have the time to acknowledge these things.

I just passed her a small smile.

Me: So what is it that you are so eager to tell me?

Mom: Y/n, promise that you won't be mad.

Me: Oh, come on, Mom. You know I can't stay angry with you.

Mom: OK, then here I go. (She took a deep breath) I have a boyfriend. Just please don't be mad.

My eyes widened in realisation at what she said. I looked down such that my hair covered my face to not let her see my expression. And slowly replied back.

Me: Don't worry... I am not mad. You just took me by surprise.. that's all.

Mom: Y/n, I want to know your real feelings. Tell me if you oppose this relationship. I will do what you want.

After having Prosopagnosia, I realised just how important people are. And from that day, I tried my best to be considerate.

Life taught me to never take something for granted.

Me: No, Mom, you can date him. I was just surprised. I want you to be happy, alright.

Mom: Would you like to meet him?

Me: Sure.

Me: If that's all, then I shall take my leave.

I walked slowly towards the door. On my way to school, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the conversation we just had.

I hope that everything goes well. No doubt, time heals everything.

(Note: I don't know much about Prosopagnosia, but I will try my best.)