Take Two

I heaved a sigh as I read the message from my bestfriend, Marielle. It's been almost 5 years.. and yet, I could still remember his smile--his smile that could reach eyes, his laughter whenever he teases me until I reached my point, the way he smells my hair while cuddling, the way he snake his arms around me like he's being possesive. I miss everything. Everything I've spent with him.

"Am I ready?"

"Is he willing to give it a try?"

"Do I still love him?"

Those were the questions gambling inside my head. I was afraid, alright. Maybe I was afraid because we never had a closure, at all. I tried to divert my feelings about him. I tried partying and going out with guys. But everytime I kiss one of them, I'm longing for something.. I'm longing for him. Maybe because I never tried being serious, again.

We'll be having our reunion in Marielle's house on Saturday. I take a glimpse on the calendar, hanging right beside the wall clock, it's Thursday today. Damn, why am I even bothered about it? Is he going to the reunion? Well, I'm not yet sure about it. Funny to think I'm paranoid about this feeling and not yet even knowing if he's going.

I'd better text my bestfriend. Wait.. If I'm going to text her, she'd probably freak out and starting to tease me about Adrian. Well, it's been a long day for me.

I wipe my tears as I closed my laptop. There, I finished this movie, Titanic, for nth time already. I closed my eyes as I start to reminisce what happened five years ago.

It was already dismissal time and I remained in my seat because I was too busy to finish fixing my things so I could go home already. I feel exhausted from all of these school works and I need a break

I got up from my seat, placed the strap of my bag in both of my shoulders, and I'm ready to go when Marielle pinned me down to my seat. Great, what does she need now? I looked around the room and noticed that my 'barkada' is circled around me. What are they up to?

I took a glance and I saw them smiling from ear to ear. I remained sitted and the 'barkada' parted in two ways. And there, I saw Adrian holding a boquet of flowers and a big violet teddy bear. And he was smiling sheepishly. He scratched his nape, he was shy! I know because he's not that used in too much attention. And he did this all for me. Just me. I smiled at that thought. God, I knew my cheeks are burning right now and so he does!

He walked towards me until he reached in front of me and the 'barkada' started yelling and chanting including my bestfriend. He handed me the flowers and the stuffed toy. I saw Carlo tapped Adrian's shoulder and gave a banner.

He took a step backward. Shock was written on my face as he started kneeling in fornt of me with a large crowd around us!

His one knee was on the floor while his other leg was supporting his balance. He spread the banner and I read it.

And I read it loud. "Can you be my Rose to my titanic heart?" I snorted. Titanic heart, really?

"Titanic heart?" I asked him and laughed. I saw him chuckled too.

"So corny, I know.." He lowered his voice.

"Because my heart is shrinking for you." He looked at me and winked. The crowd burst out laughing too!

He knew Titanic was my favorite movie of all time. We would just sit here in our room for hours, talking about nonsense things. And I tell you, I could do that for hours. Staring every inch of him--his brows furrowed, his dark brown eyes that could take my breath away, and especially his smile. His smile that could sent me ten thousand bolts inside my body.