Chapter 3 (Final)

Tango's nerves were fried. Instead of getting better, Jimmy got worse and worse. He kept having coughing fits, started to feel more stiff and could barely move. His complexion got paler and dark circles appeared underneath his eyes. The choking on his breath had made it difficult to get a good night's sleep and he was exhausted.

Tango wasn't off much better. He too hardly slept, too worried for Jimmy. fWhip had given him the week off when he noticed Tango's exhaustion. He had wondered and Tango explained. For a moment the netherborn had been worried for a nasty comment on Jimmy's state, but fWhip had sighed and told him to go and take care of the Sheriff.

While keeping his eyes on Jimmy, Tango helped around Tumble Town. Sitting still would only drive him mad. Even the town's people had seemed to accept his presence. Chris had vaguely mentioned it being because they knew what he meant to their Sheriff and someone important to the Sheriff is a person to be respected.

Tango had felt all warm and fuzzy inside, taking it as a huge compliment. He received smiles and greetings as he walked through town and for the first time he felt at home. Straitening his back, he looked over the train tracks towards Scar and Grian. The other Hermit had come to visit Tumble Town to tease Timmy, but once he heard how unwell the other was, he stayed to help out.

Tango smiled, remembering how Scar's face had lit up when Gian had mentioned staying. The man was so smitten, he really had it bad. Even now, he was only a couple of feet away from Grian, occasionally looking up, no so subtly checking the other out. Tango shook his head, luckily he didn't act like a puppy when he had a crush on someone.

The door to the Ranch creaked as it opened, revealing the Sheriff. Tango had made him rest when the coughing had gotten worse after doing some labour. The blonde seemed well rested as he fixed the hat on top of his head. A smile appeared on his face as their eyes met. By the Void, did Jimmy always manage to make butterflies flutter in his stomach. He just looked so stunning as the sunlight hit him just right. Just one smile aimed at him and Tango could melt.

Okay, maybe Scar wasn't the only love-sick idiot here.

Tango could vaguely picture Chris rolling her eyes and telling him to get to him and smooch the Sheriff silly. He blushed slightly as he pictured Jimmy's lips on his. He wouldn't mind that in the slightest. The netherborn had subconsciously moved towards the building, closer to Jimmy. Unfortunately, he had moved close enough to see Jimmy's content smile shift to an expression of discomfort, closely followed by a cough.

Then another cough, and another, as Jimmy clasped his hand over his mouth to stifle them. His knees buckled and he fell to the floor, the hand moving to his chest, gripping his shirt. Eyes widened in terror, unfocused gaze on the floorboards as he struggled to take a breath. Tango moved quickly towards him. "Jimmy!" he called out, frightened. Worried eyes met widened ones as Jimmy tried to speak. Before Tango could reach him, he disappeared into thin air, leaving items and particle effects behind.

[SolidarityGaming suffocated.]

"Timmy?!" Grian's voice rang through town, echoing in the silence. Tango barged through the front door, knowing for a fact that Jimmy respawned in the Ranch. He had been snuggling with him in the one bed, before going out to do chores. As he entered the bedroom, he spotted the Sheriff on the ground beside the bed. He was trashing as he still struggled to breath.

"T-Tango!"

The netherborn's heart broke at hearing the terror in Jimmy's voice as he called out to him. "C-can't breathe," he wheezed out," C-cotton..." Tango was at his side in a second, unsure of what to do. He tried to clop gently on his back to help ease whatever was blocking Jimmy's airway. The blonde grasped at Tango's arms, nails digging into his skin. Their eyes met once more, before Tango was left staring at particles again. A message appeared in general chat.