(Chapter 12)

Keerah's POV

"I just wanna go home.." I hear vae say.

Go home? What does she mean by that? Her parents are really close to my house.. she can just leave if she wants to..

Am I holding her back..? I need to make sure she knows she can leave.. I take a step forward but..

"Oof" I say and fall.

"Oh my god Keerah! Are you okay?" Vae replies.

"No no im all good. But just know, you ca-"
I get cut off by the doorbell frantically ringing.

"That's Chan" she says "one second.. I'll go get him"

"Wait Chan? What is he doing here?"

"I'll tell you when we're all back together" she yells at the bottom of the stairs.

I hear the door open and some muffled rushed yelling. What are they doing to her? Do I need to talk to them?

I take another step forward but once again- wait.. what?

"Wait what?" I say.

"Guess you're glad I caught you huh? Jeongin says.

"Oh uh yeah.." I blush a little and step back. 

"RIGHT" I yelled, startling everyone in the hallway. "Come with me you guys."

I lead all of them to my room and sit on the bed.

"First off," I say. "I want to apologize to you both Jisung and jeongin. Now that I remember it, me pushing you away was a really shitty thing to do."

"No no." Said jisung. "I'm sorry. I should've never latched onto you like that. You weren't ready and it caused you to be in the accident in the first place."

"Yeah!" Innie- I'm sorry.. jeongin interrupted. "I also did the same thing as jisung. But I was only thinking of myself at that moment. I was thinking "I can't live without you!!" But I never realized how you felt in the situation. By now,
I've gotten better at reading the room and everything, but I still want to apologize."

"HEY! NOW YOU'RE MAKING MY APOLOGY LOOK BAD!!" Jisung yelled.

"WELL I'M SO SORRY THAT I'M JUST BETTER THAN YOU"

"Boys boys," Chan interrupted. "Can I be alone with keer-"

"No you may not." I spoke infront of him. "I don't think I can trust you right now. What do you want to talk about? Are you going to accuse me again?"

I looked at him and he looked so hurt. I'm starting to regret it but he deserves it. Right?

My lip quivers for a bit.

"okay fine. EVERYBODY OUT" I yelled

He smiles as everybody leaves. I look down.

"Listen keerah," he starts, "I'm SO SORRY that I didn't believe you. I was nieve and "in love"" he says using air quotes. "I guess I just didn't think Sofia would lie to me. So I sacrificed our relationship. You didn't deserve what I did to you and it caused your accident. I'm sorry Keerah."

I finally look up and see him slightly crying.

"Chris.." I say, "I appreciate your apology. I'm sorry I left so suddenly. Leaving you with your thoughts must've been hard. I'm not entirely ready to forgive you yet, so just give me time. Thank you."

I see him slightly smile and I go up to him and hug him.

"GUYS YOU CAN COME BACK IN" I yell as I back away from chan.

Jeongin is the first in the room and he jumps on me. JUMPS. What the fuck?

"AHHH WHAT THE FUCK."

"Hehe.. sorry noona.." he shyly rubs his neck.

I look to my left and see Nevaeh. She looks kind of out of it.

"Hey you guys, I need to talk to Vae for a second. You can look at everything besides for my bottom dresser drawer. Be back soon" I call out to them. I hear varied versions of "okay" and Vaeh follows me.

"Hey, I over heard you saying you just want to go home. If you want me to walk you home I ca-" she cut me off.

"Keerah there's something I need to tell you. I'm not an orphan. I have my grandmother. But she sent me off here to take care of you. The reason I was saying that was because I never really got to say goodbye to my old life. It's just stressful."

oh?

Oh?

Oh????

Am I bothering her that much..? Now I feel bad. If only I kept to myself and not have lashed out on Chan. I should've just taken the blame. Then we wouldn't even be here. She could be happy with her family. This is all my fau-

"Keerah this is NOT your fault." She says suddenly.

"..huh?"

"Me being forced to go here isn't your fault. Me wanting to go home isn't your fault. Me having to take care of you is not your fault. The only people there are to blame is your father, and my grandmother."

Huh.. she read my mind..

"No I didn't. You said all of that stuff out loud."

"oh.."

"Come on let's find out the sleeping situation."

"Hmmmm alright."

For reader's eyes only.

Nevaeh Wilson's diary.

Entry #143

March 18, 2023

Would you like to read?

Yes     No

Access to Nevaeh Wilson's diary granted.

My grandmother sucks. Keerah's dad sucks. I just wanna go home.. I just wanna see my friends.. what happened to my say in the situation? I barely even knew English when I moved here. They just forced me onto a plane with a mentally unstable mom and a teen with memory loss. I had to take care of her. I had to watch over her every move. I had to help her though all of her hard times. But where was someone when I needed help? Where was someone when I needed to be watched over? Who was going to take care of me? My foster parents only pretended to like me infront of keerah. Then they would just leave me behind. I've never really felt home. Thats why I'm into k pop. To distract me. Yet keerah got into that too. Sometimes I'm jealous. But then I realized I shouldn't be jealous of someone with memory loss. She couldn't remember her 8 best friends yet still had hope to find them. Maybe that's what I'm jealous of. Her courage. Her bravery. The way she has no fear. I've always been in her shadow. A side character. Cut out of the frame. While everyone else stays in and has their moment. When will it be my turn?

_________________________
OHHHHHKAY I REALIZE THAT I HAVENT UPDATED IN A MONTH AND IM SORRY BUT WAS THIS CHAPTER WORTH IT? ITS 1100 WORDS HELP MY FINGERS. Idk why I'm still using caps. My bad. I love you guys. Be safe. Drink lots of water. Eat lots of food. Have fun 🙃