Chase Elliott- man up

Request from brokenheartedjudged

Chase pov:

I watched her from afar, she was out of my league and not on the market, at least I don't think so. Y/n was my PR officer, she had recently divorced from her husband of three years. I doubted she be willing to start dating so soon.

She had her two year old daughter with her like she always did most race weekends. I smiled at how cute they were together, I craved to have a family, to have a kid, to date y/n.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I felt someone sit down next to me.
"Somebody's in love." Alex teased, I rolled my eyes, "She's single you know." He added,
I shook my head, "she just went through a divorce she ain't gonna wanna date anytime soon." I explained,
"How do you know? Did she tell you herself?"
I sighed, "no but I feel like that's just common sense, plus she's got a kid."
Alex shrugged, "so? She probably needs someone to be her daughters father figure, which could be you, you could be her step dad."
I shook my head, "As much as that sounds nice, I don't think I'm in her league."
Alex snorted, "yes you are, you two are perfect for each other, man up and ask her out." He stood up and left.

I sighed as I watched him leave, I turned back to y/n and saw her heading towards me with Elle her daughter on her hip.
"There's been a change of your schedule." Y/n said as she approached,
"Oh?"
"Yeah so your press conference has been bumped back an hour and a half so we have two and a half hours where there's nothing to do." Y/n explained,
I nod in understanding, I swallowed nervously as I got an idea, "wanna get coffee together?" I asked as casually as possible,
Y/n smiled, "sure I'd love too." My smile widened as I stood up,
"I can carry Elle for you." I offered, y/n hesitated a moment before nodding and carefully passing me Elle. I settled her on my hip, "how are you today Elle?"
"Gwood." Elle said, her words weren't completely clear yet.
I smiled down at her, "Are you have fun with your beautiful mom?" I asked, I glanced at y/n to see her reaction and my smiled widened as I saw her blushing and smiling as well. Elle nodded and y/n and I started talking about the race.

When we got our coffee we went and sat at a table and watched the busy infield. I teased and played with Elle, I had always loved kids. I looked over at y/n and found her watching us fondly. I took a deep breath and decided to shoot my shot.
"Y/n I know that your probably not completely ready for a relationship, but I really like you like really like you and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date?" Y/n's eyes widened in shock and I contemplated wether or not I should have said that.
She frowned a bit, "the fact that I have Elle doesn't bother you?" She asks.
I shake my head, "no, I love kids, I've always wanted them so Elle's like a awesome bonus." She smiles, "okay." Now it's my turn to have my eyes widen.
"Okay? Like you'll go out with me?" I ask just to make sure, y/n laughs,
"Yes I would love to go on a date with you."