I was just his second choice..

A few months later.

A morning of Thursday, Lily is on her way to the classroom but she heard something so she hid behind the door.

“ I like you, Claire. ” Lily heard a familiar voice.

“ I like you too, Luke. ” Claire said.

“ But your crush is Lily, right? ” Claire replied, on a sad voice.

“ No, I don't have a crush in her. I just pretended that I like her because I like you. ” Luke replied.

Lily was shocked, and was crying, as she entered the classroom.

“ Hi bestie! ” Claire said.

“ Don't bestie bestie me, i know what you did both of you. ” Lily replied with a angry and sad voice.

“ I can't believe you did that, I thought I was your best friend. ” Lily said.

“ I guess not. ” Claire replied, laughing.

“ I'm sorry. ” Luke said.

“ I don't know how to explain what I'm feeling right now. All I can say that it hurts, everything hurts. My heart feels heavy that all I want to do is cry. ” Lily said with a quiet and sad voice.

“ Please don't blame me for not liking you. ” Luke said.

“ I don't blame you for not liking me, I blame you for pretending you did. ” Lily replied.

“ Enough with the chitchat, Lily, our friendship is over. Let's go Luke. ” Claire said.

Luke and Claire sat in their chair.

“ I lost my best friend and my crush. ” Lily said with a quiet and sad voice.

“ I was just his second choice.. ” Lily realized.

Lily got on to her seat and she lowered her head down to her desk to cry.

A few minutes later, a teacher came in.

“ Good morning, class. ” the Teacher said.

“ Good morning Teacher. ” the Students replied.

“ Bakit umiiyak si Ms. Lily? ” Teacher said.

The Teacher got closer to Lily and ask her why she's crying.

“ I will explain it to you later recess, ma'am. ” Lily said

“ Okay, so class our lesson today is about Algebra. ”

A few minutes later, it's recess.

“ Come here, Ms. Lily. ” Teacher said.

Lily got up to her sit and approach her teacher.

“ So why are you crying earlier? ” The teacher said.

“ It turns out I was just the second choice of Luke ma'am, the bracelet, all of his efforts is all fake. ” Lily replied.

“ Oh, but who's his crush? Do you know her? ” Teacher said.

“ It's Claire. ” Lily replied while crying.

“ Oh Lily, come here. ” The teacher gave her a hug.

“ If you're going to take a risk, choose a good one. Where your heart will lie in peace, where your what ifs will fall into the right place. ” Teacher advised Lily.

“ Thank you, ma'am. For being there when I am hurt and tired. ” Lily said.

“ You're always welcome, Lily ” Teacher said.

After class, Lily went straight home. Without looking at someone, without talking to someone.

Lily got home and went straight to her bedroom, crying, again.

“ Kung tinuloy ko lang ang balak ko, siguro isa na ako sa mga binibisita niyo. ” Lily said, crying.